FIFTEEN.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
"THEY POINT OUT THE COLOURS IN YOU, I SEE 'EM TOO"
No Tears Left To Cry - Ariana Grande

Brooks looked at Ariana, then at their father, and then at Calum, and then back to their father. Everything was all happening so fast -- their birth father was standing in the living room of her nearly-adopted family's home, Ariana's boyfriend (who was not saying anything to help the situation) apparently worked for their birth father since the man had gotten out of jail for killing their mom, and three minutes before this whole thing, Ariana was about to lose her virginity. Both Brooks and Ariana had a hard time concentrating on the situation at hand.

"Aren't you going to say hi to your father, you two?" the man asked, smiling condescendingly at them. Chills were sent down Ariana's spine and she stepped down from the stairs, leaning closer to Calum. He wrapped an arm around her protectively.

"We're not going to say anything to you," Brooks said. "At least not without a lawyer."

Laughing, Marco shook his head, clapping his hand on Brooks's shoulder. "You've grown up so much, Brooks. I remember when you were just in diapers, really."

"Don't touch me," Brooks mumbled, removing his father's hand.

"Brooks, come on," the older man said with a laugh, placing his hand on the small of the boy's back, and that's when Brooks snapped.

"I said don't fucking touch me!" the boy yelled, stepping away from the man. Brooks pointed a finger at him, shaking his head angrily. "You do not get to just come in here and act like everything is fucking okay. We haven't seen you in thirteen fucking years! You killed our fucking mom and didn't even have the heart to reach out and see how we were doing while you were in jail! Now you come back after all these years, expecting everything to be the same?"

"Brooks," Ariana said softly, reaching out for the boy. Calum tightened his grip on her, and Ariana sent him a look, saying it's okay before ripping away from his hold and grabbing onto her brother instead.