FIVE.

CHAPTER FIVE.
"CAN'T FIGHT THIS NO MORE, IT'S JUST YOU AND ME"
Stuck With You - Ariana Grande feat. Justin Bieber

Just as said before, Calum picked Ariana up from her house at 8 in the morning.

cal 😻❤️: i'm outside

The girl smiled, typing back a quick response before slipping out of her room. She raced downstairs, grabbing her backpack and heading out the door to see Calum's black SUV parked across the street. She smiled even wider.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, slamming the door shut as she slid in the passenger seat.

"Hi, angel." Calum looked over, his eyes travelling down her body gracefully. Today, Ariana wore a pair of black skinny jeans and old school Vans. A grey long sleeve shirt hugged her upper half graciously as her brown hair was nicely brushed, falling down her shoulders.

"Did you get a new tattoo?"

Calum glanced down at his wrist, where a thick black line was drawn horizontally. Ariana didn't realize what it meant and Calum had no desire in telling her.

"Oh, yeah."

"What's it mean?" she asked, reaching over to grab his hand and turning it over so she got a better look. She rolled up the sleeve of his leather jacket slightly, revealing many more of the thick lines. "Wow."

Calum didn't answer. He watched as Ariana counted the stripes unknowingly.

The black lines stood for how many people Calum had killed. It went by tens, and he had nine stripes across his wrist. His journey out of town yesterday, which thankfully Ariana couldn't make, had resulted in Calum getting his ninetieth, ninety-first and ninety-second kills. He wasn't proud of it, but at the same time, he was. He had to be.

"What does it mean?" she asked again, snapping him out of his trance.

"Nothing important," he said and Ariana left it at that. Calum started the vehicle and pulled out of her street. They drove in silence, only the faint radio playing in the background. Ariana didn't mind the near-silence, she liked just being in Calum's presence.

"I'm cold," she mumbled, turning down the air conditioning. Calum frowned, and pulled up to the stoplight before shrugging off his jacket. "No, Cal, it's okay—"

"Take it," he demanded, placing the article of clothing in her lap. Sighing, Ariana wrapped herself in the boy's leather jacket, smiling as she smelled his scent. It was vanilla and mint with a hint of cigarettes. "You look cute."

"Hm." She smiled. "Thank you."

They pulled up to her school and Ariana unbuckled her seat belt. They both got out after Calum had muttered something about making room in the back.

Ariana leaned against the side of the vehicle as Calum pulled the seats down in the back of his car. He sighed, closing the door and standing in front of Ariana. He placed his hands on her hips, making the girl wrap her arms around his neck with a slight smile across her lips.

"I'll pick you up," Calum said. "What time do you get out? Three?"

"It's okay, Brooks doesn't have practice today so I was gonna go with him," Ariana said, playing with the hair at the nip of Calum's neck. He sighed, nodding. Calum glanced around before leaning in. She stopped him by pressing her hands against her chest, and he frowned. "What?"

"Are you afraid of people seeing us?" she asked, her eyebrows lowering. Calum sighed, shaking his head as she pushed away from him.

"Of course not, baby—"