EIGHTEEN.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
"WE FELL APART, RIGHT FROM THE START"
Scared To Live - The Weeknd

Ariana had missed a lot of work in her classes. She took it upon herself to skip lunch to catch up, and most of her nights were spent in her room studying. She hardly ever missed school so much that she had this amount of homework, not until she met Calum. And if being with him meant sacrificing some hours of her night to study, Ariana didn't mind.

She did miss having lunch with her friends, however. Because she was so behind, Ariana ended up attending a couple of her teacher's extra-help sessions during the hour long break they had in the middle of the day. She had gotten detention for three days, each day that she missed, but that wasn't too bad. It was just more time spent for her to catch up on the work she missed.

Ariana walked into the classroom that detention was held in after school. She had her books held to her chest, earbuds in playing a song by Tyler, the Creator lowly as her phone was hidden in the pocket of her grey hoodie, that was accompanied by a pair of light skinny jeans and black Filas. She took a seat a bit towards the back, opening her Chemistry textbook and flipping open her workbook.

She really didn't think that missing three days of school would be too bad, but she was wrong. With four classes a day and each moving at quick paces, she had so much to catch up that she was a little overwhelmed. That's why she didn't mind detention—she could focus on one thing at a time without any distractions.

That is, until she saw Luke walk through the classroom door. He laid eyes on her, a small smile appearing on his lips and he immediately took the seat beside her. Ariana smiled at him, giving a 'hi' before turning back to her work.

"So why do you have detention?" Luke asked, opening his own textbook. It seemed he was doing History.

"Skipping," the girl mumbled, tapping her pencil against the paper. Ariana looked up at him, asking, "What about you?"

"Um, I have to do a week," he said, his smile holding a little hesitation. She frowned, urging him on. "I got into a fight. I would've thought Brooks had told you by now."