TWELVE.

CHAPTER TWELVE.
"I AIN'T EVEN THINK OF LEAVING SOMETIMES, I AIN'T EVEN THINK OF LETTING GO"
Sometimes - Ariana Grande

Calum rarely slept well, and hardly ever woke up after 8 in the morning. but to his surprise, his night spent at the motel with Ariana gave him the best sleep of his life. He woke up around 10 am, giving him a couple extra hours than he usually got.

Once he was showered and had packed everything, Calum woke Ariana up gently. She stirred in her sleep before finally opening her eyes, yawning before stretching out her arms.

"Wake up baby, we gotta get on the road soon," Calum explained, his voice soft as he ran his hand through her hair. She hummed, rolling over into his hold.

"I'm so tired."

"You can sleep in the car, it'll be a long drive," he said softly. Ariana mumbled something, rolling her head to the other side before reaching her arms up. Calum chuckled, lifting the girl up into his arms. Carefully, but quite easily since she was much smaller than him, Calum threw Ariana over his shoulder and carried her outside, where he set her down right outside of the car, on her feet on the pavement of the parking lot.

"I'm hungry," she mumbled, stretching her arms before reaching to her face and shielding her eyes from the sun.

"We can grab food on the way," he answered, sliding his hands around her waist sneakily. She smiled, squinting her eyes to look at him.

"Are we going home?" she asked softly, leaning her head on Calum's chest. The boy sighed, shaking his head. "Where are we going?"

"Just trust me, baby."

This conversation startled Ariana awake apparently, because now she was standing up straight with her eyebrows furrowed and her hands on her hips. "I'm tired of just trusting you."

"I promise, this is the last time, okay?" Calum said uncertainly. Ariana bit her tongue looking the boy up and down before scoffing. "What? What could you possibly be mad about?"

"You need to start telling me shit."

"I told you all that's important," Calum exclaimed, "I don't know what else you want from me. honesty is all I've given you."

Ariana laughed at that, shaking her head. "Honesty? Really, Calum? You took me to Connecticut after telling me absolutely nothing. The least you could do is spare me some information, at least."

Calum stood back, his arms crossed as he looked at the girl. "Okay, fine. You want to know where we're going now? You want to know so badly? Mexico."

After a moment of silence, Ariana burst out laughing. It wasn't until she collected herself that she saw Calum was not laughing with her. Worse -- he looked serious. She raised her eyebrows. "Mexico? Really?"

"Yes really. Now get in the car Ariana."

"I am not letting you take me to fucking Mexico," she stated, furious with her arms folded over her chest and her brows knit together. "I want to go home, Calum! I'm not staying in another fucking motel in another cheap ass bed and I sure as hell am not eating fast food or Mexican food for the rest of my fucking life. Take me home."

"We're not going home."

"Take me home. Now," she demanded. Rolling his eyes, Calum shook his head. He turned around, reaching a hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose in distress. "I can't believe you! God, I thought things were actually going good but this entire time you were fucking planning to kidnap me! You were probably working with Marco on this, weren't you? Oh my god, how stupid am I."