SIXTEEN.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
"ARE YOU DEATH OR PARADISE?"
No Time To Die - Billie Eilish

Fortunately for Brooks, he had been a soccer goalie for about five years now and had learned how to dodge shots pretty well, so when his birth father abruptly took out his gun and aimed directly for his heart, Brooks did not die. He did, however, get clipped in the shoulder and was bleeding pretty heavily; enough to make Ariana think he was dead.

"Okay, killing them was never in the plan," Calum said lowly, securing the older man by slinging his arms behind him and holding him back. Marco scoffed, looking back at Calum with an unimpressed expression.

"You do not get to tell me what is or is not in the plan."

"Brooks!" Ariana screamed, kneeling over the boy who was bleeding onto the hardwood floor. Adrenaline was coursing through the girl's veins as she applied pressure to the wound, shaking him fiercely to try and wake him up. What she didn't know was that he was already awake, and very alive. Just turned on his side.

Ariana looked back at her father and Calum, tears rushing down her face. "You killed him! You killed my fucking brother, you bastard!"

"I merely scared him," Marco said casually. "He's not dead, Ariana."

"Check his pulse," Calum chimed in, not very helpfully although Ariana did do as he said and placed two fingers to the boy's throat, feeling his heart beat. Sighing a breath of relief, Ariana turned the boy over and watched as he opened his eyes, wincing.

"Fuck, that hurt," Brooks mumbled, squinting up at his sister.

"I know it did, but you're gonna be okay," she said, keeping her hands on his shoulder where the wound was. She glanced back, looking at Calum with teary eyes. "Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna do something?"

First, Calum escorted Marco off of the premises. By doing that, he got himself punched in the face and in the stomach, and had also gotten himself fired. Calum hauled his boss into the driver's seat of his all-too expensive sports car, telling him not to come back. Then Calum walked back into the house with Marco driving away and him having lost his job. He stepped inside, closing and locking the door before looking back at Ariana, who was knelt over her brother, her hands covered in blood.