Jealous Boy

"I didn't do anything!" Simon snapped beginning to get angry. "We were just talking."

"Just talking?!" Jace closed his eyes and took a deep breath, which didn't seem to help because when he opened his eyes, he still looked angry. Furious even. "He was all over you. He gave you his number."

They had just gotten home from one of Magnus's parties. The drive was tense because Jace got mad and assumed that Simon was flirting with some guy. He wasn't, but he knew the guy was and he may have been enjoying the attention. Not that he would say that to Jace. His boyfriend had been grinding his teeth so hard that his jaw flexed. Simon was worried, he'd crack something.

"He gave me his number." Simon tried to be calm. "I didn't give him mine. It's not like I'm going to call him and set up a booty call." That was not the right thing to say because Jace glared at him.

"You think this is funny?" Jace asked slowly, his voice low. "I leave you alone for five minutes and you are practically dry humping the nearest guy."

"Don't be crass." Simon said, rolling his eyes. "We were just talking. Which is more than I could say for you."

Jace stilled. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Nothing, Jace." Simon pushed past him and walked into their bedroom. "Forget I said anything."

"No, what the hell did you mean by that?" Jace asked behind him. "Are you insinuating that I don't talk to you?"

"Do you, Jace?" Simon turned to face him. "Tell me, when was the last time you actually talked to me? And don't say this morning, because I was talking to you."

Jace blinked, confusion clouding his anger. "I talk...I talk to you all the time."

"OK." Simon crossed his arms. "Tell me...what did we talk about?"

Jace looked like a deer caught in headlights. "Simon...I..."

Simon sighed. "It's OK, Jace. Talking is not your strong suit. I knew what I was getting into when I started dating you." He turned away, tired. "I mean, it would be nice if we talked more. And not just about stuff that you think are important."

"Is that-Is that why you were talking to...?" Jace asked and Simon rolled his eyes. Here we go again.

"Eric and I were talking about Star Wars and Star Trek." Simon said. "You think it's stupid, Alec, I don't know what Alec thinks about that, he doesn't say anything and I'm pretty sure Magnus would kick my ass if I brought it up. Don't let me get started on the girls. It was nice to find someone who wanted to talk about that stuff with me."

"Oh." Jace let out a sigh and Simon turned to look at him again. It was rare to see Jace like this. Usually, their arguments ended with Simon apologizing or them having sex. This was new.

"Don't sweat it." Simon said. "If it makes you feel better, you can carry on thinking I'm going to leave you for the next guy who pays attention to me."

Jace flinched. "That's not..."

"Jace, I know you." Simon said. "You were jealous and you tend to get a little crazy when you are jealous. It's cute. Exhausting, but cute."

"Damn it, Simon." Jace sighed. "You know I love talking to you." He moved closer to Simon. "I'm sorry for being an ass. I lost it when I saw him touching you."

"You don't like people playing with your things?" Simon smirked. "You should learn to share...Ok, I'm not doing this. That just sounds wrong."

Jace laughed. "You are insane."

"That is true." Simon said automatically. "You need to trust me, Herondale."

"I do." Jace said, pulling Simon into a hug. "It's just..."

"It's fine." Simon squeezed him. "It's kinda hot. The great Jonathan Christopher is not so great after all. I like it."

"Don't be ridiculous." Jace said and Simon felt him smile. "I am better than 'great". I'm epic."