Whatever You Need

He wasn't even sure how it all started. Simon had come home from work and all he did was hug him from behind, kissing him at the back of his neck. "Hey babe..."

Jace had been lost in thought and he had been startled when Simon did that and he...just snapped. He pushed him away and snapped at him. "What the hell, Simon?!"

Simon had looked at him warily, his eyes wide behind his glasses. "What? Are you OK?"

"I'm fine. Leave me alone." Jace had said, pushing past him. He heard Simon snort and mutter something.

"What was that?" he asked, his eyes narrowing. "What did you say to me?" He was angry, spoiling for a fight. He didn't know why he was doing this, but he was angry. He had been home alone all day, with his thoughts and he needed an outlet.

"I said," Simon spat, bitterly. "I said; this is typical. This is so you, Jace. You always do this. And frankly, I'm sick of it."

"Oh yeah?" Jace responded. "You don't know anything. So shut up."

"You think that's a good thing?" Simon walked till he was standing right in front of him. "We've been together for what? Two years? And you can proudly say I don't know anything about you? You are an idiot."

"If you are so sick of it, why don't you just go?" Jace snapped. "Nobody's stopping you. Just leave."

"Is that what you want?" Simon asked, his voice cracking. Jace looked away from him, not wanting to look at his face.

"Just leave me alone, Simon." Jace said, walking into their bedroom and slamming the door.

He heard the front door slam shut as Simon stormed out of the apartment. Jace slid against the door until he sat on the hardwood floor.

It was just as well. Simon deserved someone a lot better than him. He didn't need a dumb, college drop out with a shitload of baggage. Simon deserved someone who was more like him; sweet, kind and had his life figured out. Not someone who was so fucked up in the head.

He heard his phone ring in the kitchen but he ignored it. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

He couldn't believe it.

He couldn't believe the fucking bastard died.

He died and all he got was a crappy letter.

He hadn't opened the letter yet. He was just so fucking pissed. He had so much to say to him.

When he heard his father was dying, he had put off going to see him. Even when the man had sent for him. He had ignored him. He hadn't been ready to see him. He was ashamed to admit to himself that he was still scared of the man.

Now, it was too late.

His dad was dead and he would never get to hear what Jace had to say. He would never know how he had fucked him up so bad that he never trusted another human being.

He should be happy. He should be ecstatic that he was gone. Instead he felt empty and dead inside.

He pressed his hands to his eyes and screamed. Why was he feeling like this? Why was he so fucked up? Why couldn't he just let it go?

He needed...he needed Simon.

He was 13 when they took him away from Michael Wayland . Ten years had passed since he last saw his face. He spoke to him a little bit the first few years, but soon he had cut him off. He needed to sever that part of his life in order to move on.