I'm Your Person

Jace rolled his eyes. Or he would have if he was fully awake.

Simon was waking up and Jace felt him stiffen, heard him swear and mumble quietly "Oh shit."

He tightened his arm around Simon's waist as the latter tried to slide off. He pulled him close and tangled his legs with his. Sighing, he buried his face into the pillow and proceeded to doze off.

He could practically hear Simon thinking. He was tired and Simon was stiff next to him. There was no way he could sleep like this.

"Lewis, it's too early." He mumbled. "Go back to sleep."

"Uh, Jace?" Simon poked his arm. Jace hummed without opening his eyes. "What...How...? I'm freaking out here."

Of course he was.

Jace opened one eye and saw Simon was staring at him wide eyed. "I'm not going to go back to sleep, am I?"

"Well, if you let me go..." Simon said.

"Why would I do that?" He was awake now.

Simon looked at him oddly. "What happened last night? I know it was Alec and Magnus's engagement party but everything is a blur..."

Jace smirked at the confusion on Simon's face. He knew that it took Simon a while to remember when he drank. That was the sum total of his hangover. Total confusion and temporary amnesia. "Do you want me to tell you, or you'd rather remember on your own?"

"I woke up with you wrapped around me, which is not bad in itself, in fact it's quite nice but this is not something that normally happens to me. To us. And I am this close to passing out from anxiety."

"So that means...?" Jace said, sitting up, which meant he had to let go of Simon, who took advantage of that moment of freedom to scoot to the edge of the bed. Jace rolled his eyes and reached for his hand and stopped him from getting off the bed.

"Jace..." Simon sounded, desperate. "What is going on?"

"You asked me to be your boyfriend." Jace yawned.

"Oh."

"Can I go back to sleep now?" Jace said. "If I knew you were such an early riser, I wouldn't have said yes. But that ship's sailed. Are you OK now?"

Simon beamed at him. "So we're, uh...?"

"Yes, Simon, we're dating." Jace flopped back into bed. "I still have a few hours of sleep left in me."

"A few hours...?" Simon looked at him incredulously. "I have to get to work in...in..."

"It's Saturday, Lewis." Jace was contemplating kicking him off the bed. "I promise we'll sort out everything when I wake up properly."

"Oh. Oh, OK." Simon relaxed and lay down again looking at Jace. Jace turned his head and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing all the way over there?"

He couldn't hold back the chuckle when Simon snuggled close to him and sighed. He heard Simon take a deep breath and he said, "Not now, Lewis."

He closed his eyes as he let sleep overtake him.

******

Simon started when he woke up in Jace's arms later that morning. What the hell happened last night?

"Simon, we are dating." Jace grumbled without opening his eyes. "Calm down."

Oh right. Yeah.

"You can't blame me, this doesn't happen to me." Simon said, as he relaxed next to Jace. His boyfriend.

He sighed happily as he felt Jace kiss the back of his neck and pull him closer to his chest.

He was warm, too warm but Simon didn't mind.

This had been all he wanted since he had met Jace and he was going to enjoy it.

"Jace...?"

"What is it, Lewis?" Jace growled.

"This means you like me, right?" Simon asked, smiling. "As in, really, really like me?"

Jace muttered something and sighed. "Yes, Simon...I really, really like you."

Simon smothered a scream and turned to face his boyfriend. (he was never going to get tired of that) "Good, 'cos I really like you too."

Jace opened his eyes to show that he was rolling them. "No shit, really?" but he was smiling.

Simon blushed and buried his face in Jace's chest. "You're not supposed to be mean to me anymore."

Jace cupped the back of his head and slowly stroked his hair. "Oh Lewis, where's the fun in that?"

Simon pulled back and frowned at Jace. "But..."

Jace laughed and kissed his forehead. "God, you're easy."

"Why do I like you again?" Simon grumbled as he let Jace hug him. "You are not a nice person."

"But I am your person." Jace said, placing his fingers under SImon's chin. 

Simon hid a grin as Jace lowered his head. Yeah, he was.