Hungover

"Are you OK?"

Simon's head was throbbing and even in the sunglasses he had on, the day was still too bright. He looked at the glass of orange juice on the table and frowned at it. It was so...bright. What kind of orange was used to get this juice? It had to be one of those genetically altered oranges, because natural orange juice shouldn't be so bright.

Underneath all the pain and nausea and irritation, he was freaking out. One on hand, he was grateful for his hangover because it meant he didn't have the energy to freak out properly. But in the inside, he was way past minor freak out and closer to manic melt down.

He slept with Jace...

Jace. As in, Jace Herondale.

Jace, the golden boy. Ridiculously, stupidly hot and a total jerk. Since they had met, he had been nothing but a total jerk to Simon. But apparently, that was Simon's type. Hot, delicious men that were way out of his league.

His head hurt. Maybe he should stop thinking about this clusterfuck until he felt better.

"Simon?" he heard Magnus call his name. He turned his head gingerly to look at his friend. God, even Magnus looked bright. "What?" Simon growled.

"Are you OK?"

"No." Simon said, blinking behind his sunglasses. "I may be dying."

"That bad?" Maia asked, laughing. Simon winced. He loved Maia, really he did, but now her laugh was painful. He was tempted to throw his unnaturally bright orange juice in her face, but there was the chance she would tackle him. And he was not sure he'd survive that.

"I may never drink again." Yeah, right... He always said that whenever he woke up with a hangover. There was a strong chance that he'd be drinking again tonight.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, before it rubbed the back of his head gently. He didn't have to turn to know who it was. He could already smell him and his heart started beating fast. As did the pounding in his head.

"What did I miss?" Jace said sliding into the seat next to Simon. He was so cheery. Why was he so damn cheery? They were both drunk out of their minds last night. Then he remembered, sourly. Oh yeah, Herondale doesn't get hungover. He is just fucking perfect.

If Jace wasn't so perfect, Simon was sure he'd hate him.

Nah.

"Simon? Are you sure you don't want to lie down?" Maia asked, her voice concerned. "I don't think I have seen you this hungover."

"I'm already here." He snapped. He didn't mean to but he was hungover.

Jace chuckled and Simon felt his hand on his lower back rubbing gently. That felt nice. Simon fought the urge to lean into the touch.

"What's this?" Simon heard Clary ask. He opened his eyes. When had he closed them? He realized that he had placed his head on Jace's shoulder as Jace rubbed small circles on his back. He jerked upwards and regretted it immediately. He held his head in his hands and whimpered.

"Easy." He heard Jace say as he held himself still till the pounding in his head eased. He could feel everyone staring at him. He opened his eyes again and smiled. It was more of a grimace.

"Well?" Magnus asked. "What's going on?"

"Uh..." Simon squinted. He heard Jace laugh and mutter something along the lines of "Of course he didn't say anything."

"Simon and I kinda hooked up last night."

Simon winced as everyone started to talk at the same time.