Normal Couple Stuff

"Did you see him?" Stephanie squealed to her friends.

Simon rolled his eyes. These girls always had something to gossip about. It was always something with them.

"Who?" Brianna asked in a bored tone.

"Is it Alec Lightwood?" Toni asked. "Again Steph, he's gay. And his boyfriend will rip you into shreds if you so much as look at him."

Simon chuckled. It was true. Magnus had become super jealous since Alec started working here. It had started when he had walked in on Stephanie shamelessly flirting with Alec.

While Alec had thought it was hilarious, Magnus had been furious.

Needless to say, all the girls stayed away from Alec. To Simon's disappointment. It was kinda funny to see Magnus lose his shit. Especially since he was so put together.

"Not Alec." Stephanie said. "I learnt my lesson. I only admire from afar."

They all giggled and sighed. At the same time.

It was surreal.

"So who has you so excited?" Toni asked.

"Him." Stephanie whispered. Or hissed. It was hard to tell with these girls. "That tall, blonde god. Jace Herondale."

Wait, who?

"Oh yeah." Briana said, excitedly. "He's hot. I shared an elevator with him once. I swear I thought I was going to pass out when he smiled at me." She giggled. And sighed again. "So hot."

Simon narrowed his eyes. They couldn't be talking about his Jace, now could they?

Not that he could call Jace his anyway. Simon scowled.

Last night he had spent the night alone and pissed off. He may have cried a little but he'd never admit it.

All because of that stupid, so stupid fight.

All he said was that he was tired of being the great Jace Herondale's dirty little secret and Jace had completely freaked out.

OK, maybe he shouldn't have asked Jace to choose between him and his precious reputation.

And maybe he should have been patient until Jace was ready.

But he was tired of having to pretend that he was nothing to Jace. He couldn't even say they were friends.

"Ugh." Simon sighed. He sure knew how to pick 'em.

"Don't you think so, Simon?" he looked up at the girls looking at him expectantly.

"What?" he asked. "Think what?"

"Jace Herondale is hot, right?" Toni said.

You have no idea.

"He's OK, I guess." Simon said, feigning disinterest. "If you like that sort of thing."

Stephanie arched an eyebrow. "So you mean, he's not your type?"

Is he ever...

"No?" he said, not meeting her eyes. "I hear he's a bit of a dick."

"He can dick me any time." Briana said and the three girls laughed. Then sighed.

Seriously, this was getting creepy.

"But seriously, Simon." Stephanie said, sitting on his desk. "What do you think? Would you sleep with him if he was, you know, gay?"