Surprise!

The phone on his nightstand buzzed insistently as Simon worked. He looked up from his laptop and smiled as he saw who was calling.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" he teased. He enjoyed their calls. "It's pretty late."

Jace chuckled and Simon twitched a little as goosebumps rose all over his body.

"Couldn't sleep." Jace said.

"Aww, missed me?" Simon asked, shutting down his laptop and putting it on the nightstand.

"You know I did."

Simon forced himself to hold back a girly squeal. After three months, he still couldn't believe that he was with Jace Herondale. The Great Jace Herondale.

"And I missed you too. So much." He said, shyly. "You're coming home tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah." Jace said hesitantly. "I should be home tomorrow."

"Jace?" Simon frowned, catching the hesitant response. "You promised. It's been three weeks...you promised."

"I know, I know." Jace said. "And I promise I'll be home with you tomorrow."

Simon relaxed. "I'll hold you to that."

He heard Jace sigh. "I don't care how you hold me, babe. Just hold me."

"Oh my God." Simon laughed out loud. "I can't believe you just said that."

Jace was silent.

"Jace?" Simon said softly. "Are you OK?"

"I'm OK." Jace said. "I just miss you. Fuck, you have no idea how much."

"I can guess." Simon said, his voice quiet as he lay down. "I've been wearing your jumper to bed. Feels like you're here."

Jace groaned. "You're killing me, Lewis."

"What?" Simon said, a small smile on his face. "It smells like you. But it's a poor substitute, so please come home?"

"I'll be home." Jace said softly. "I'll be home sooner than you can say 'Alec is a little bitch'."

"Alec is a little bitch." Simon said. "Please don't tell him I said that. I love you, but I won't hesitate to throw you under the bus, if Alec knows I said that."

Jace was silent again. Then Simon gasped as he realized what he said. Uh oh.

"Jace?" Simon said in a timid voice. "Are you still there?"

"You-You love me?" Jace whispered. Simon rolled his eyes even though he was shaking a little. They had never said anything like that to each other in the three months they had been dating.

"I-I thought that was pretty obvious." Simon said casually. "I mean..."

"Simon..."

He sighed. "Yes, Jace. I love you." Simon felt his face heat up, which was silly because it wasn't as if Jace could see him. "Is-Is that OK?"

"What?" Jace asked, incredulously. "Did you just ask me if it was OK to love me?"

"Yes?" Simon whispered.

"Jesus, Lewis." Jace breathed. He paused. "I love you too."

This time Simon couldn't hold back the squeak. "Really?"

Jace laughed. "Yeah. I love you. I love the way your eyes sparkle when you are excited. I love the way you can't sit still when you are happy about anything. I love your voice when you sing, when you talk. I-I love your glasses, they make you look really adorable and sweet. I love your silly little quirks, like when you hum that ridiculous song when you are working, or like how you play with your hair and bite your lip when you are lost in thought. I love your stupid hair..." Simon let out a breathless "Hey!" "...and I love how you feel next to me whenever we spend the night together. I love how you taste when I kiss you and how you feel when I touch you. Hell, I could go on all night...but you get what I'm saying, right?"