°22°

We were quickly guided into a back room by one of the crew members, who kindly suggested me putting Timmy down to sleep, reminding me of all the security so he'd be safe here

We were quickly guided into a back room by one of the crew members, who kindly suggested me putting Timmy down to sleep, reminding me of all the security so he'd be safe here. But I wasn't planning on leaving him. I had no plan of staying any longer than needs be.

I needed to quickly find out what Jessie's plans were and quickly get the hell away from here. Go home and save myself from further humiliation.

The room was pretty basic, the band having everything they need on the tour bus. Consisting of only a sink in the corner, with a kettle and cups close by, a rail of clothing, brought in by their stylist and a black leather sofa at the back of it, but on looking back over at the couch, I'm startled when a figure comes into view, stretched out across it.

A boy, young looking, sat with his phone in hand.

He slowly brings his attention up, having now released I've just disturbed him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know this room was occupied. They told me to come straight in" I said, not waiting on him replying and clung Timmy's sleeping figure closer to me as I turned to leave.

"Oh, you're cool" he fired back quickly and suddenly jumped up to his feet. "Is this Timmy?" He asked, already trying to get a view of his face.

"I'm sorry, who are-"

"I'm Louis" he cut in, tapping at his chest, grinning over. "That bro of mine has never mentioned me, has he? Shock!" he mocked. And began heading over to us, still aiming to see my son.

"Bro?" I questioned back. He most certainly has never mentioned he has a brother.

"Yeah, Matty's little brother. Can't you tell?" He asked, pointing at his face whilst pouting. Mocking Matty. Which instantly made me laugh. And made me realise at that point that he did in fact look like him. "And you must be Taylor!"

I nodded. Now more at ease, I gave him a better look at my son. Who was still peacefully asleep against me.

"Holy Shi..." His eyes went wide before cutting himself off. "Jesus" he re-worded. "How much does he look like our Matthew!?" He fired in amazement, shock taking over his features.

His hand gently grabbed at Timmy's as he just stared across at him in awe, "Hey little man, I'm your uncle Lou-ster" he told him, planting a kiss on his hand.

"Can I get you a drink or anything?" He offered, gesturing to the kettle and then the mini fridge I hadn't noticed before.

"A coffee would be amazing, if it's no trouble"

"Not at all, milk? Sugar?" He asked and then pointed to the sofa for me to take a seat. Now struggling to keep a hold of Timmy, having been holding him for a while now.

"Just milk, thanks" I smiled. Knowing full well if I wanted to avoid this awkward bump in with Matty I'd been desperate to get away from, I really should be getting off. But now having met his brother, from me having no siblings myself, I actually wanted to get to know him a little. For my son's sake more than anything. And he seemed friendly enough, so why not.

Silence quickly began filling the room as he got to making my drink, and not being able to bear yet another uncomfortable situation tonight, I attempt to fill it.

"You not going out to watch them?" I asked, but kept my gaze down on my boy. Feeling like I could watch him sleep forever, I never get bored of it.

"Er-nah" he laughed, looking back over his shoulder at me. "There's only so many times you can watch the same set, you know"

"Tell my best friend that" I laughed. This was her fifth time seeing them.

"Mega fan?" He asked, sniggering lightly.

"And more" I admitted, feeling embarrassed for her. Not that she would be. She'd happily sit and talk about this band to anyone who'd listen.

"They're alright, I suppose" he shrugged, passing me my drink after I lay Timmy down on the sofa beside me. Leaving a space for Louis to sit at the other side.

His attention quickly shot down to him, looking at him sweetly again as he sat. "How old is he?"

"Two. It's his birthday next week, time seems to be going too quickly" I sighed.

"You doing anything for it?" He asked, stroking his thick curls from his face.

"Nothing planned as yet, probably just a little tea party back home" I admitted, suddenly feeling shit for not planning in advance, hoping I don't come across as the world's shittiest mum.

"I could maybe help you plan it?" He offered, smiling across at me. "We could do it at ours, I'm sure my mum would be thrilled to help. I mean- sorry" he stopped. "I'm sure you'd rather your own parents help out" he winced, as though he'd stepped out of line.

"Not at all, I'm not in contact with mine" I admitted, that panging, heavy feeling weighing heavy on my chest. Wishing she'd just drop her pride for once and want to at least see us for a bit. But no, I'll forever be that embarrassment in her life who got pregnant at a young age, by a one night stand, who refused to speak of the father.

"Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that" he shot back quickly, his face holding nothing but pity for me as he looked back up.

"Don't be" I told him, but was on the verge of tears again, tonight had already been such a roller coaster of emotions for me. I was scared I was on the brink of breaking... Or snapping. "Your offer actually sounds amazing, I mean if you're sure?" I smiled. Suddenly thankful for this brother of his.

"Then that's sorted. Here, give us your phone, I'll give you my number so we can plan everything"

I passed it over, watching him key it in.

"My mum can't wait to meet him. She's been badgering our Matty for ages now but he's always "too busy"" he mocked, doing air quotes with his fingers.

I wasn't even aware he'd mentioned he had a son to anyine. Guess he doesn't tell me about anything at all, it seems.

"She can see him any time she likes" I told him, meaning it. I mean, obviously it's not my place to just show up at her house without Matty, that would be weird. But at the same time, I didn't want her missing out just because her son was too busy to introduce her to her grandson. More to the point, I didn't want Timmy missing out on anymore time with grandparents, it's not like he'd ever had this moment before.

"She's actually in Manchester tonight you know, she's meeting up with an old friend" he said, giving me a small smirk, as though silently asking if tonight would be okay for my last comment.

"Are you old enough to be strolling the streets at night?" I quizzed.

"I'm almost eighteen, actually" he shot back, playing offended.

"You sure it's not too late?"

"Not at all. She'll have just got back to the hotel we're staying at. Don't feel like you have to, if I'm stepping on your toes, by all means, tell me to fuck o-"

My laughter cut him off from cursing, causing him to laugh too.

Timmy suddenly bolted up from the sofa, his hair a wild mess of curls over his face, stuck up on end, shooting me a sleepy smile, then turning to his uncle and doing the same as though he had some clue who he was.

I quickly picked him up and placed him on my knees, "you wanna go meet your grandma?" I asked, Timmy let out a huge squeal as though once again he knew what that meant.

"Why not" I told Lou, throwing in a careless shrug. He'd already met everyone else tonight. And i did want to get away from here. Plus, I was slightly pissed off that Matty had introduced his son to his girlfriend before his own mother.

"Yeah?" Louis said happily, pulling out his phone. "I'll just go call us a taxi then."