°39°

"I said get back! Back off, now. Right now!" Matty ordered again, his voice shrill, aggravated, now close by. Forcing his way through to me.

I remained where I was, my hands glued to my ears. My eyes scrunched shut tightly. I was too afraid to look up, too worried they'd bombard me again.

Matty's voice and footsteps grew louder, more impatient, and the people surrounding me gasped, presumably being thrown and pushed to the side when Matty figured there was no other way of getting to me.

I flinched as a large hand grasped the top of my right arm and hoisted me to my feet. It wasn't until I was standing that I realised my whole body was trembling so forcefully I wasn't sure I could stand, even with Matty's support, holding me upright.

"I mean it. Get back! She needs space, go!" He ordered. As the paparazzi retreated, air gradually refilled my lungs. I suddenly wriggled out of his grasp the second my eyes locked on him. Being quickly reminded of his betrayal.

"You!" I screamed out. "How could you do this to me?" I spat, and I could taste the venom in my mouth. "Why did you expose us like that?"

Matty took a step forward, trying to grab hold of my hand, in an attempt to calm the situation down with some of the paps still watching on. "Are you okay?" He asked, dismissing my last words.

I shook my head, furious that he was ignoring what I just said.

"Answer me!" I screamed at him, as tears spilled from my eyes. "How could you do that, without even informing me? You've ruined everything!"

Matty's eyes instantly bulged out in shock at my outburst, before looking around self-consciously, as if afraid we were gonna draw the paps attention towards us again.

"Taylor, please just calm down. Let me take you inside and get you seen by a doctor, yeah?" He urged, reaching for me again, but I managed to shove him away this time, stumbling back myself in the process, and having to have him grab at me quickly to stop me falling. "You're actually scaring me, just calm down and we can talk about this"

His voice was now weak, sad, making him appear vulnerable and out of his depth, in comparison to the arrogant and cocky person he usually is in front of everyone.

I wanted to scream at him. Unleash my anger on him because of what he'd caused me. From this. To Gabby putting me in hospital, to then threatening to hurt our son. But what was the point? He seemed to be acting the victim here. He'd exposed us to the world without thinking of the consequences, leaving me vulnerable. Leaving me the victim without even realising. And he couldn't fix this now. It had gone too far. All he was doing, was making things worse for me.

Everything we'd worked so hard to prevent, had come undone in a matter of minutes, the second he posted that shit online for everyone to see.

"You could have at least warned me" I bit, throwing my hands in the air dramatically. "Why would you do this behind my back, Matty?"

He ran a hand through his bush of curls before sighing. "Because I knew I'd get this reaction. Because I knew you wouldn't get it, nor allow me to do it-"

"Well, obviously!" I cut in.

"You'd been attacked. What else was I meant to do, continue to just brush it under the carpet. Allow my harm to come your way. To Timmy!" He shot back, becoming more angry at the mention of our boy possibly being hurt next time.... If only he knew. "Don't question me over this, okay? It was the only thing I could think of doing to help"

He eyed me warily, anticipating my reaction to his words. My heart was thudding so hard against my chest it was almost painful.

"But we were meant to be in this together" I told him quietly. A part of me now able to see why he did it. "How can we be if you're keeping secrets from me?" I asked pathetically, rubbing the tears away from my cheeks.

Immediately I saw the anger flash in his eyes at my last words. He took another step closer, his jaw set and tensed.

"Do not dare lecture me on secrets when it comes to our son!" He snapped. "You're the one who kept the biggest secret here. His existence!" I felt myself flinch from his sentence. Aware that once again, he was right here. But I wasn't going to admit that.

"So every time we argue, every time you do something wrong, this is going to be your get out of jail card? Throwing my biggest regret back in my face?" Fresh, hot tears streamed down my face at his harshness as he just shook his head at me, as though silently telling me I'd gone too far this time, for a change. "I want to go home now, please"

But I was ignored. Matty continued his true feelings in the open space of the hospital entrance, for all to hear. "If Timmy is going to be in my life, then he's in all of it, Tay. Look at my life, having a son and keeping him a secret would never work. Eventually people would find out, about both of you. Why lie? Why should I have to when there's no need to. You're both in my life. And I have a duty to be honest to my fans. How are you getting any negatives from this? Just trust me"

As the logic of his words sunk in, releasing further, he was right, I broke down.

I wanted him to be wrong. I needed him to be wrong. Because I wasn't ready for any of this. Nor was I confident I'd ever be. Everything was now going to change, and I already knew I wouldn't deal well with that. I didn't want to have to share Timmy with the world. He was mine. he was his. I didn't want them to think I was some stuck up, hard faced, heartless bitch. The cow who had this man's baby and never told him for years. I just didn't want this unwanted attention. Because bottom line, I was a nobody, and soon enough now, everyone's going to find that out.

Matty's eyes set into mine, holding that sympathy again. "You have to trust me. You're safe now"

I sighed, dropping my head back, not knowing what to say to thar. Because he didn't know the whole truth about everything, about his ex, her capabilities. So how could I take his word on that.

"Why did you have to ever come into my life. This is a mess. I am!" I sobbed. Dropping my head just as he threw a hand onto me and pulled me into his chest.

"We're gonna be fine" he muttered into the top of my head, holding me tightly against him. He felt warm, familiar. Like home. Causing my chest to flutter and ache at the same time.

"I hate you" I told him through my crying. Trying to persuade and tell myself that, more than him.

"Yeah?" He chuckled, knowing I didn't mean an ounce of it. "Because I like you, Tay. Rather a lot, actually!" Causing me to smile into his chest.