°30°

// // // Please tell me people have seen this incredible video of this geezer dressed as a hot dog?!?!?!!!?! 😂😂😂😂 It's so lovely to see him so happy and content these days! And THAT noise / chuckle he does at the end has me DEADED!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 What a fucking guy, U WOT 🙌🙌 // // //

The sight of my son playing happy families on the floor with his dad and mummy number two, was one that left me heartbroken inside. Swallowing down the bile and feeling replaceable. He seemed to love Gabby as much as his father did. And Gabby seemed to love and adore both of them all the same.

The party was now dying down as guests began leaving. I was overwhelmed with all the new people we had met and the gifts and money that they had parted with to give to Timmy. He'd gone from not really having much, to being a such a spoilt little boy... And I didn't know how I felt about that.

It seemed if I had a five pound note. Matty and Gabby had a fifty to give him. If I bought him roller skates, his dad and her had a huge, brand, spanking new, shiny bike to give. But the one thing I did want to give him, I couldn't, I've never had it. And even Matty was able to give him that. Not just a family in a sense of his brother and parents now being in Timmy's life, but he was in a happy, loving relationship, he already had a family here, ready for him to be a part of. One that I wouldn't be.

Cutting off my trail of thought, I had a brand new toy shoved into my face by Timmy. "Gabby" he muttered, showing me one of the many toys he'd been given by her. Breaking my heart in the process. I nodded. Faking a smile down at my son. Holding in my breath, desperate to swallow down the lump in my throat that was trying to choke me. I looked up, noticing both Matty and Gabby's eyes were on me. Studying my reaction.

This was too much for me.

In a panic, I stood, apologising and excusing myself as tears fell down my cheeks quickly.

"Taylor?" Matty called out, attempting to stand to follow me out.

"Just give her a minute!" I heard Gabby tell him, advising against it.

And when I realised no figure was following on behind me up the stairs to the bathroom, I slammed the door shut behind me, swiftly turning the taps on to block out my cries and allowed the tears to escape. Choking on the pain in my chest. Allowing defeat. Letting the pain eat away at me.

But not ten seconds later, a knock sounded on the door.

"It's me" he called out. "Open up"

Quickly I was throwing water over my face and reached for the towel, hoping he wouldn't see the tears and just assume it was the water from washing my face as I turned off the tap and slowly opened the door.

Immediately I was pushed back into the bathroom as Matty stalked inside, slamming the door shut behind him. Giving me a saddened look when he took in my face.

"I know" he said softly. Like he understood. My head dropped. I didn't want him seeing me like this. Knowing what all this was doing to me. This was never meant to happen. I should never have let it start. But now I can't stop it. I can't even pretend I don't have feelings because it's now obvious to him.