Chapter 1- The Bet

I turned on the radio. One Direction, ugh. Well, I didn't not like them, they just weren't my style. It wasn't really fair to hate the entire band just because of him, Niall Horan, we've been enemies since Year 6. How could I hate teen heart-throb Niall Horan? Let's just say, we have a long history.

"Sweetie! Maura is here!" I heard my mom yell. Maura has been my mom's friend since high school. She was super nice, and like a second mom to me. Only con about her, she was Niall's mom.

Niall doesn't know I'm my mom's daughter though. Apparently, he was always too "busy", and whenever I went over, he was apparently always "out". But, I could hear him shuffling upstairs all the time. I only knew it was him because I saw the photos of him.

"Sweetie! Come meet the guests!" My mom said.

I heard voices of many teenage boys from outside. Maura plus teenage boys? That coud only mean one thing, the devil himself was in my house.

Aw fuck. I stuffed my hair in a beanie, and then put on a hoodie. I'm gonna overheat in like five seconds. Why am I even hiding? It's not like he can even do anything to me. Oh well.

I walked into the living room. "Hi," I said gruffly. They were all looking at me like I was from another planet. "I thought you said you had a girl..." the boy in the striped shirt said.

"Louis!" the guy in plaid scolded.

My mom let out a laugh, clearly flustered. "Ky-" she started. Oh god, I can't let him know it's me. I coughed. That was a close one.

"So... bye!" I said.

"Oh no you don't! She's just shy," she laughed, grabbing me, "Take off the hood, and introduce yourself," she said in a warning tone.

"Dammit," I muttered. I took off my hood and my beanie, and my hair tumbled out. Their faces were priceless. "Hi, I'm Kyna. Okay... bye!" I said, running off.

"Wait!" Niall called.

I ran into my room. Niall burst through the door, "Kyna?" he asked. "Don't you dare take even one step in my room, you arsehole," I spat.

His expression changed. He walked towards me, and smirked, "How does it feel? Having your enemy live your dream?" he asked.

"Puh-lease. It's not like you're even good at singing. The only reason girls like you is because you're a teenage boy, who sings. And, apparently, you're attractive? If I were to go up against you in singing, and no one knew who you were, I would win. Easily," I said.

"Wanna bet?" he smirked, "Loser has to be the winner's slave for 6 months." I thought about it for a second. "Scared?" he smirked again.

"No, you're on," I smirked back.

_________________________________________________________________________

So, I hope you guys liked it! . Go check out my best friend xBrokenDreams because she made the orginal cover and she's awesome! Please comment, I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks for reading! :{)

Nathalia Ramos plays Kyna (pic on side)

Song on Side- Teenagers by My Chemical Romance