Chapter 27

Guise, this is a sad one. I suggest you play the song on the side while reading this.

______________________________________________________________

Half a year later

2 weeks before the wedding

Kyna's POV

I sat next to my mum on her bed, holding her hand. "Mum, you have to make it. I'm getting married in two weeks. You have to be there," I choked down a sob.

"Kyna, sweetie, you know how much I want to be at your wedding, but I think this is it," she said weakly.

"No, don't say that!"

"Kyna-"

"No mum, no! You can't leave like this! Not now! How am I supposed to figure things out without you?!"

"Baby girl, I know your life is hard right now, especially your love life. But listen to me, listen to your heart. Stop thinking things through, stop making plans with love. Love can't be planned. And stop avoiding love. Heartbreak is a part of love, and sometimes the people that break your heart are worth another chance," she said softly. "Don't marry him if you don't love him."

"Mum," my voice cracked.

"I love you baby girl. But my time is up now. Follow your heart, and make your life a happy one, for me. Please, promise me this," she said, running a hand down my face. I nodded sadly.

"Promise," I whispered. "I love you, mum."

"I love you, too sweetie," she said before she closed her eyes and took one last breath. 

"No, no, no, no. NO! MUM! PLEASE!" I sobbed. In despair and fury, I grabbed the flower pot resting on the table next to the bed and threw it across the room. It shattered into a million pieces, the dirt spilt everywhere, and the flower lay partially buried under the mess.  I let out a heart-wrenching sob, and buried my face into my arms that rest on her body, and cried myself to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________

I teared up a little there. It's short, but I really wanted to focus this chapter on one main point because if I add another part it would distract from the main focus and it kind of takes away from that horribly sad part. New chapter probably on Friday-Sunday.

Song on Side-Hurt by Christina Aguilera