Chapter 2

"WHAT?!" Jake screamed. "THAT ARSE!"

I covered his mouth, "Shhh," I stiffled a laugh, "We're in a library," I reminded him.

"Oops," he said sheepishly.

"Both of you, OUT!" the librarian yelled. I scowled at Jake.

___________

"I can't believe you got us kicked out of the library," I grumbled on the way back to my house. "You can't? Do you even know me at all?" he laughed. "Well I can, I just choose to ignore that side of you as long as possible," I told him.

"So, back on topic. The guy that bullied you before you moved here is, Niall Horan, and now he's back in Ireland?" he asked cautiously.

"Sadly, yes," I replied, unlocking my door. "MOM, I'M HOME!" I shouted. "Now, let's study. And hopefully, this time, we won't get kicked out," I glared at him.

"But, I'm still confused on the story!" he exclaimed.

"Okay, listen closely, because I'm only saying it once. Niall Horan is the guy I told you about when we first met. His mom and my mom are best friends, so yesterday when his mom came over, he did, too. And, the rest of his band. We started talking, not in a nice way. And, we ended up making a bet. We're going to have a singing competition. Whoever gets the most votes wins. But, no one will know who's singing, so it'll be fair, because, you know, he's Niall from One Direction," I finished, plopping onto the couch.

"And whoever loses, has to be the other's slave for 6 months," a voice said. I slowly turned my head to the side. There he was, the spawn of satan, .Niall Horan.

"WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?!" I screamed.

"I'm here because we need to make preparations," he answered simply.

"Well I need to study, so get out," I said flatly.

"Actually, we're having dinner here, too, and I told my mum I'd stay here until then, to save gas money. You're mum agreed, she said you'd be happy to show me around town," he smirked.

"Well, I wouldn't."

"Well, I'm just gonna leave now," Jake said awkwardly.

"NO! YOU WILL STAY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I yelled, on the edge of hysteria. He froze for minute. Then started slowly edging towards the door, and burst into a run. I sighed.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything, but don't need anything, because I won't help you," I told him.

My mom walked in. Perfect timing, note the sarcasm. "Oh, Kyna, sweetheart, you're home. Go bring Niall out for ice cream. Get to know each other," she smiled.

"Mum, I have to study," I told her. "Well, you can study everyday, Niall barely comes home, now that he's so famous," she pinched his cheeks. He smirked at me.

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes. Now go," she raised an eyebrow warningly.

"Fine," I grumbled. "I need money for the ice cream, though," I held out my hand.

"Here you go," she handed me 5 euros, "Be back in time for dinner, or else," she warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We sat by the fountain eating silently. That was, until, "So, when are we going to do the bet?" Niall asked.

"I don't know, I'm available Saturday," I shrugged, "You?"

He thought a minute, "How about Saturday, 4 PM?" he asked.

"It's on," I said.

"We still need to make posters and stuff," he said.

"After this-ah nevermind."

"What is it?"

"After this blows over," he started slowly, "can we be friends?" He eyed me hopefully.

I snorted, "You humiliated me for what? 3 years? Before I moved. Now you think just because it's been a few years, that we can just be, 'friends'?" I asked.

His expression fell."That's why I said never mind," he muttered.

"Come on, we need to go or else we'll be late for dinner," I said grabbing my purse, and getting up.

"Okay," he said, following me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh! Good, you're back! The other boys just got here," Maura smiled at me. "Kyna, it's so nice to see you with Niall. Oh, you two would be an adorable couple!" she cooed. I think I threw up a little, but smiled at her.

"I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now," I told her.

"Maybe spending six months with Niall will channge your mind," she winked.

My mouth formed an o. "How did you know?" I asked.

"The boys have been talking all night about it," she replied, "Now, let's go eat dinner," she said, dragging me and Niall into the living room, and forced us to sit next to each other. He smiled at me. I rolled my eyes.

I looked over to where the rest of the boys were sitting, "You four blabber mouths are in charge of making the posters for the competition. And you have to spread the word. Wait, no scratch that, I don't need the death of four boys on my head," I said. "Just make the posters, and do some tweeting or tumblring, or something," I told them.

They looked confused, "What?" the guy in the Hipsta Please shirt asked.

"You guys gossip among yourselves too much. Pay the price," I smirked, biting into a piece of my steak. Ugh, that was so good. Two of the boys started getting up, trying to make their escape.

"We're gonna go... uh.." the guy in the varsity jacket started.

"USE THE BATHROOM!" Louis exclaimed.

I got up quickly, and grabbed both their collars, "So nice of you to to volunteer to make the poster; here is the paper, the markers, and colored pencils," I said, reaching to the side for them, and shoving them into their chests.

"The bet takes place this Saturday at 4 pm, make sure to remember to have that on the posters. Now get to work, you have to make 25 to go around town. I want all the posters by the end of tomorrow," I instructed them. The other boys gave them looks of pity.

"See you Saturday," I smirked at Niall, and walked off to my room.

_____________________________________________________________________

Filler chapter. Sorreh. But, don't worry, shit is gonna go down next chapter :)

Song on Side- Go Screw Youself by Avery. The title makes me giggle c:

(Shirtless 1D on the side. Teehee :3)