Chapter 26-Why Is Life So Complicated?

*5 years later

Niall's POV

I was currently in Ireland for a concert. I was browsing through the magazines. Practically every one had a picture of us or Kyna on it. It really doesn't help heartbreak when you have to see the person your heart is broken over is leterally everywhere. She's been famous maybe 1 year and a 1/2 now.

And when I say famous, I mean seriously epiclly famous. I sighed. She was also back in Ireland right now for personal reasons.

It was her mum. My mum told me how Mrs. McCarthy's cancer was getting worse and worse. I wanted just go to Kyna and comfort her. Knowing her, she's probably crying by herself again. Always acting alright upfront and never burdens anyone with her pain.

I should go see her mum. 

Kyna's POV

"Mum, I don't want you to do this," I said shakily.

"Sweetie, I don't want to keep going with treatments. If I'm going to die, I want to die comfortably in my own bed."

"Don't say that. You're going to be fine," a tear rolled down my cheek. She gently wiped it away.

"Kyna, you're all grown up now. Don't lie to yourself, it just makes it worse. I've been in this hospital for so long, now I just want to go home and rest."

"But mum-"

"No buts Kyna. By the way, do you still talk to the boys?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Not really. Only Liam, occasionally."

"Why don't you talk with Niall again and work things out?"

"Mum, we've been through this."

"Yes, I know. But, every time Maura comes over or there's any mention of Niall, you eyes get sad and you turn absolutely silent. Why can't you just work it out? I heard One Direction is in Ireland right now."

"I have a boyfriend mum."

"Yes, but sometimes I feel like you're just using him to get your mind off Niall. Even when he only hugs you, you look uncomfortable, as if you want to push him off."

Niall's POV

I got her hospital and room number from my mum. I neared the door, I froze. I could hear Kyna and her mum arguing.

"Yes, but sometimes I feel like you're just using him to get your mind off Niall," my heart skipped a beat, "Even when he only hugs you, you look uncomfortable, as if you want to push him off." She has a boyfriend.

"Mum, drop it! Why do you even care so much?! I know Niall's your best friend's son, but you don't have to keep bugging me about him!"

"I'm not bugging you because he's my best friend's son, it's because I want to see you happy again! And not our fake happy, the happy you used to be before everything, when it was just you and Jake. No fame or boy drama."

"You're the one making the boy drama! I am perfectly happy in my relationship! Maybe that's why I'm getting married to him!"

I felt as if my heart had just been smashed to pieces. I spent the past 5 years thinking about her, and she's engaged to some other bloke.

"What?" her mum asked.

"Yes. I'm engaged, so stop bugging me about Niall. I'm going now. I'll be here tomorrow to take you home," she said.

The door opened, and there she was. Her eyes widened, "Niall?"

"Kyna," it was barely audible.

Some bloke came out of nowhere and wrapped his arm around Kyna's waist. "Hey babe. Who's the-whoa! You're Niall Horan!"

I forced a smile, "Hey."

"You're like super famous! Why are you here?" he asked.

"I'm visiting one of my old friend's mum," I said looking over at Kyna. She was staring at the floor.

"Is there going on that I should know about?" he asked.

She smiled at him, "No. I'm going."

"But I just got here! I wanted to visit your mum with you!" he protested.

"I'm sorry, I'm going."

"But-"

"Please," she said in a strained voice. She glanced at me for a second, I could see so much pain in just that one second.

He looked at her, then at me. "Alright fine, I'll see you later then," he said giving her a quick kiss.

"Bye." She smiled at him, but something about it was off. It wasn't the same smile as before. It was so forced. All her pain and sadness, hidden away right underneath it. She threw me one last glance before walking off. Can't life just be easy for once?

________________________________________

Oh my god. It has been forever. I am so sorry! I have this problem where I procrastinate with everything, even things I like to do like write.

Thank you for being patient with me. I'm gonna try and make the next upload faster.

I love you guys to Gallifrey (brownie points for whoever knows what that is) and back. Just so you know, if you've commented, voted, fanned, messaged me, or even just read up to here, I probably consider you my best friend already. Unless you don't want to be my best friend, in that case, fine :( *sniffle* I didn't want to be your friend anyways >:'(

Thanks for reading, I love you guys :) xx

Song on Side- Here Comes Goodbye by Rascal Flatts