||》Chapter 26《||

DISCLAIMER: I own the picture above, but the pics in it ain't mine.

[March 31, Tuesday; 11:52 a.m.]

Jinhae's POV

It's been days since Taehyung's father had been declared dead by the hospital he was admitted to. My life since yesterday had been creepily... peaceful.

I don't know why it was creepy. Maybe because of the fact that Taehyung didn't bother me for the time being?

But... why would that be creepy?

I secretly gazed towards his empty seat for the nth time this day. I frowned for a second, before shaking my head a little and tried to listen to our teacher in front, blabbering about something graduation-related.

It was Joon Ho-ssi's funeral on Friday.

I felt like going, at the same time not. I really wanted to get this guilt out of my chest, I just don't know how.

The bell rang, signalling everyone that it's lunch time.

○○|•|<>|•|<>|•|<>|•|<>|•|○○

"Jinhae?" Song-eun calls out.

I was just poking my food with my chopsticks. I didn't want to eat. Not now.

"What's bothering you?" She adds. I sighed, looking for the right words to tell her.

"I'm just not in the mood to eat." I managed to say. "I know you say that sometimes, but something's off today. Is it because of Joon Ho-ssi?" She asks again. I nodded, too lazy to lie to her.

"Are you sure it's not because of Taehyung?"

I was caught off guard by her sudden question. I just sat there, silent, with both of my best friends looking at me.

"I don't know. I'm seriously guilty for what happened to his father, and somehow, I feel sorry for him. But maybe its because I know what it feels like to lose someone really close to you. Not to mention, a parent." I put the chopsticks down, my elbows now resting on the table and my hands clasped together.

"We understand, unnie. Will you go to his funeral?"

"Of course I will. My conscience will haunt me if I didn't go." I replied, cracking a small smile.

"I don't want to eat. Hyo Rin, eat my food." I pushed the tray towards her. She didn't say anything and took my food.

"I have to go somewhere. I'll text you guys later." I left once they sent me a nod.

On my way to the rooftop, I saw Sae Yoon, locking her locker. I didn't want to face her yet, but she blocked my path once I was gonna go straight past her.

"Jinhae, please don't tell anyone about what happened last Friday. I'm begging you." I plainly stared at her as she finished her straightforward sentence. I can see the panic in her desperate eyes.

It did bother me a little when I found out she drugged Taehyung. She was the reason why Taehyung was knocked out for a while during the fight with Ivy.

Come to think of it, maybe we could've caught Ivy if it wasn't for a passed out Taehyung.

"No promises, Sae Yoon." I gave a smirk before avoiding her and continued my walk to the rooftop. While walking, I can hear whispers from the students, talking about the incident that took place during the homecoming.

My stomach almost churned when I passed the hallway where Joon Ho-ssi was shot.

'F(lower) my life.'