15

You want me to play the bad guy? 

Okay, I'll play the bad guy. 

Percy's POV:

"So, why exactly did you rescue me?" I ask them as we continue to ride on the back of a hay trolley, outside the kingdom.

Nico re-positions himself closer to Will. "When we were children, we were friends with the lost princess, and when she disappeared it destroyed us. So, when we turned twelve, we made this group and have been searching for her for years now. When we overheard Luke and Ethan, we knew that if it was her, we were not going to lose this chance."

Thalia cuts in, "Basically, we need you to lead us to her."

My spirits lift, "That's good because I was seriously trying to come up with a plan to escape. She's in major trouble, Luke and Ethan are going after her and her 'mother'," I add quotations to the word. "Is planning on moving her elsewhere so that they'll never be found again. This is our only opportunity."

Piper clasps her hands together, "Perfect! Plus, she'll remember you, Percy, so that'll help."

I cringe slightly, "Oh she remembers me alright."

As if sensing my discomfort, Leo pipes in, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What do you mean, 'oh she remembers me alright'?"

Fidgeting with my hands I tell them the story, beginning from the moment I snatched the crown from the thief's hands. Once I'm finished, they all sit there in silence, soaking it all in. "Oh that's cold," Leo mutters.

Hazel and Piper both whack Leo upside the head, "Leo! He was protecting her dude," Frank says as Leo ducks away from the girls.

"I think it's romantic that even though he broke her heart, breaking his in the process, he saved her and is still trying to do so," Hazel sighs, leaning into a bright red Frank.

"Everything is romantic to you Hazel," Leo commentates. Hazel whacks him again and he shouts, "Again! Ow!"

"Shush you two, we need to focus," Will says. He then turns to me, "Percy, you need to tell us where to go and we need to be able to trust you if this is going to work."

"You can trust me."

Annabeth's POV:

The morning sun shines back at me. Exhaling, my eyes flicked up toward the ceiling, scanning everything that I have painted ever since I could remember. I smile when my eyes land on a painting of me playing outside a palace with other kids. I remember naming them; Death Boy, Sunshine Boy, Beauty Queen, Pinecone Face, etc. This painting was the first one I did, ever since I could pinpoint.

It's strange because I would always have dreams of them, they would seem to real, every detail to the exact, every touch, every feeling, every emotion, every moment.

I remember Percy saying that the lost princess often seen with her friends, as their parents knew each other. Weird. I have found that my life is awfully close to the lost princess's. What confused me, even more, is that the world does have bad in it, yes, but it's also good; why would Mother hide me from that?

It hits me like a pack of bullets and I tumble off my bed. I hear Mother call up to me, "Annabeth, are you okay?"

But I don't listen.

I'm the lost princess...

Percy's POV:

When we pass the waterfall, I feel my heart sag a little. Annabeth and I almost kissed there, but I was too scared to do it, so I dodged her. Jerk move, I know, she definitely told me that, I smirk to myself.

We're coming Wise Girl, hold tight.

Annabeth's POV:

When I emerge from my room, my heart is beating like a stampede of horses. I'm the lost princess. I am the lost princess.

Mother stands at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at me in worry. I shouldn't even call her 'mother'. "Flower?"

As I speed down the stairs, I say, "Don't call me that."

She grabs my wrist, "What's wrong? You know how I hate it when you block me out."

Whirling around at her, I say in a dangerously low voice, "Oh, you know full well what's wrong. I'm the lost princess, aren't I?" When her eyes widen, I continue on, "You never wanted me leaving so I wouldn't find out. I have been hiding my whole life from people who would use me and my hair, but it was you all along who was doing that! You took me away from my family, my friends, my home, my life! And all for what? So, you could live a decade or so longer?" My defiant voice booms throughout the walls of the tower.

"Annabeth listen to yourself!" She desperately urges me.

"Listen to yourself! You won't even admit it!" I scream at her. "You took EVERYTHING from me! You LIED straight to my face for YEARS!" Tears begin to threaten to spill.

"Annabeth," Moth...ahem, Helen, says more dangerously.

Ripping my hand out of her grasp, I say, "Don't say my name, Helen."

As I begin to walk away, I hear Helen say in a blood-curdling tone, "Oh, I see how it is." 

We have only got a few more chappies until the reading marathon is over! I don't know about you, but I need to go re-fill my popcorn, this is getting gooooood. 

What do you guys think? Should Annabeth have escaped silently, or confronted her kidnapper? 

- The Fangirl 

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO or HoO. I do not own Rapunzel. I do not own these characters.