22: EPILOGUE

ONE YEAR LATER

Have you ever felt like nobody was there 

Have you ever felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere 

Have you ever felt like you could disappear 

Like you could fall and no one would hear 

Well, let that lonely feeling wash away 

Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay 

And when you don't feel strong enough to stand 

You can reach, reach out your hand 

And oh

Someone will come running 

Cause I know they'll take you home

Even when the dark comes crashing through 

And you need a friend to carry you 

And when you're broken on the ground 

You will be found 

Percy's POV: 

"Nico! For the love of the freaking universe, hand me the dress!" Piper groans, reaching out her hand. 

I laugh, watching as Nico rolls his eyes and gets up from the chess game he and Will are playing to go get the dress that Piper has been asking for, for ten minutes now. Piper, Will, Nico, Reyna, Thalia, Calypso and I all sit in the entertainment room in the palace. Books are stacked on every surface, board games on every table and every window wide open so we can hear the music coming from the courtyard. Running a hand through my hair, I turn my eyes back to the window, where I sit, before jumping when people burst into the room. 

Annabeth, my glorious girlfriend, comes into the room, Leo, Frank, Hazel and Jason in tow. Her hair is frizzy and her face beet red. Running to her, I pick her up and spin her around, making her laugh. "How was sword training?" I ask, setting her down and wrapping my arms tighter around her waist. 

She sighs, "I need more of a challenge. All three," She points to Leo, Frank, and Jason. "Aren't enough." Now its the boys turn to become red. 

Hazel pipes in, "She's also teaching me!" 

Giving Hazel a thumbs up, I look Annabeth over again. "Got enough energy in you for one more go?" 

Her eyes snap back from Hazel's to mine. "What?" 

"Ahem, your majesty, but what I believed you were trying to say was 'pardon'," Piper sing-songs from across the room. She knows how much Annabeth hates the etiquette lessons. 

She glares at Piper before looking back to me. Clearing my throat, I seal my death. "I think I could give it a go." 

She takes a step back, looking me over, "Are you challenging me to a duel, Jackson?" 

Bowing to her I smirk, "Why yes, your majesty." She punches my shoulder while I begin to laugh. 

"You. Me. Duel. Five minutes," She says, starting to walk out of the room. Just before she disappears into the hallway, she yells over her shoulder, "Don't be late!" 

"Wouldn't dream of it Wise Girl!" I shout. 

Thalia and Leo come up to me immediately. Leo shakes his head, "You, my friend, have a death wish." 

"R.I.P.," Thalia remarks, ruffling my hair. 

"Whatever," I scoff. She is so going down.