18

When life gets blurry, adjust your focus 

Percy's POV:

The light sparks itself right over Annabeth's heart. It travels all over her body, floating up into the air and spiraling around us in designs. My tears become dried to my cheeks as my hair levitates all over my head, as light travels around Annabeth and me. That's when the singing starts, voices whispering together all around me in the hollow tower.

Flower gleam and glow

Let your shine

Make the clock reverse

I stare at Annabeth, hoping. Just having faith that maybe, maybe something might come out of this. 

Bring back what once was mine

The light fills every corner of the room. "You've got this Wise Girl," I murmur encouragingly. "Come back to me, please. Please." 

Heal what has been hurt

Change the fate's design

Colour begins to come back to her skin. 

Save what has been lost

Bring back what once was mine

I marvel at its intricate designs around Annabeth and me. 

What once was mine

"Percy?" A weary voice cuts through the air. I look down and see Annabeth gazing up at me, her stormy gray eyes shining with unshed tears.

"Wise Girl!" I cry, crushing her in my embrace once again. Emotions unlike no other overpower me and I sob with relief, mourning over what once was lost and now is saved. It is there that I truly realized my feelings, my actual feelings. Not a like, not a crush...no, a love. I love her. I love Annabeth Chase. Snapping back to reality, I hold her back from me a little, so I can see her face. "I thought, I thought," I gulp. "I thought that you were gone."

She laughs a little, leaning her forehead into mine, "So did I."

Annabeth's POV:

During Percy and I's embrace, I thought about a lot of things. About how I love him, how I almost lost him and how I am not going to let this second chance at life go to waste. I breathe in his ocean breeze scent and sigh, closing my eyes as I press my head onto his soft, muscular shoulder. "I'm so exhausted," I mumble, not intending for him to hear.

He chuckles, "I'm sure you are Wise Girl, you just died."

Raising my hand up to his lips, I mutter, "Shut up Seaweed Brain. Just hold me."

"Your wish is my command."

Sadly, to both of our distaste, guards barge out of the secret staircase of the tower. Beneath me, I feel Percy tense, wrapping both arms protectively over me. Keeping my eyes closed, I stretch my fingers out, reaching for the frying pan that I know was dropped near me. Behind me, I hear the click of the guard's guns, being trained on us. "Drop the lost princess!" One shouts, stopping me mid-reach. Did he just say what I think he said?

Percy's hold on me tightens, "How do you know she's the lost princess?"

"Our hired royal searchers told us, they're down at the base of the tower. They also told us not to harm 'fish boy' but I see no fish or a boy dressed as a fish so I guess we'll leave him behind..."The guard trails off, probably looking around for anyone else.

Percy scoffs, "I'm going to murder Thalia." The clearing his throat he says, "I will help you escort her to safety as she is in much need for medical attention, but there is no way, no freaking way that I will leave her side. Do I make myself clear?"

"But you're a wanted criminal."

"I'll explain all of that to the Queen and King, but do I make myself clear?" Percy says calmly, though I can practically feel the impatience crackling off of him in waves.

"Why should we trust you?"

Percy snaps, pulling me closer, if that's possible, "For the love of-"

"We understand," Who I presume is the General states.

"Perfect," Percy peeps.

More shuffling of feet and my hand finally wraps around the handle of the frying pan. Gotcha. Whipping it out, I aim it at everyone, making them freeze. "I will use this," I threaten. "If any of you lay a hand on Percy or me. He is to escort me, you are to follow. Do I make myself clear?"

One solider throws his hands up into the air, "No, everything's foggy. Now, can we go?"

I roll my eyes at his sarcastic remark, feeling Percy lift me into the air swiftly. The feeling of air rolling over and under my body wet from the rush of water - how did that happen – lulls me into a deep, dreamless sleep. 

Life's crazy at the moment and school hasn't even started...ughhhh. I begin next week btw. Hope you are satisfied (Hamilton begins to play in the background, "He will never be satisfied, I will never be satisfied)  for at least another couple days. 

Have a nice night/day wherever you are! - The Fangirl 

P.S. - I know this was really short, I am sorry. 

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO or HoO. I do not own Rapunzel. I do not own these characters.