20

Lots to celebrate. 

Percy's POV:

When they finally emerge from the door, I catch a sight I can't help but smile at. In front of me is Annabeth, linking arms with her parents, laughing. When they look at me, I expect a head nod, a brief glance. But, that only happens in my head I guess. The father pulls me into them, and I'm left standing in the middle of an embrace.

I think my arm's squished, but I don't care, because Annabeth's happy and that's the only thing that matters.

Annabeth's POV:

"I'd like to meet him!" Father comments, reaching towards the door after I told them of Percy and I's crazy adventure.

Laughing, I reply, "He's right out there." I point to the door, my parent's heads turning like so.

"Handsome fellow I shall assume?" Mother asks, quirking an eyebrow.

At that, I burst out laughing, "Yes, of course."

We slowly exit the room, caught in our giddy giggling. I spot Percy through my squinted eyes, looking like he just won a million pounds. Then my father does something I never expected him to do, but then again I don't really know him, he pulls Percy against us and I'm left with my face smashed into his warm chest. Wow, his heart's beating extremely fast.

"Alright, who's hungry?" Mother asks as we pull apart.

Percy's hand shoots up like a puppet on a string. I shrug, "I wouldn't mind some bread."

Father raises his eyebrows, "Oh, we've got more than bread."

***

The kitchen is massive, the dinning room even bigger. And it is only when they serve the first platter that I gasp. Soup, with a dozen different spices and additions in it, lay before me. The smell waffles up into my nose and I close my eyes for a short second before opening them again.

Throughout the whole dinner, I eat every inch, gasping every time a new course is served, making Percy and my parents chuckle.

After that, the rest of the evening is filled with Percy telling us about himself, and me informing my parents where I've been all these years.

"I wish I knew, I can't believe that bas-" Father begins.

"Language," Mother's voice booms.

He clears his throat awkwardly, "That woman made you believe that she was your mother, therefore, making us not exist."

Percy looks at me with a sad smile and I exchange it back. Glancing back at my parents, I say, "Really, it's okay now, I'm back. I'm with you. I know you exist."

"But it's not okay, she deserved more of a punishment than that peaceful death she got," Father states.

"She fell from the tower," Percy says appalled.

"Nothing like what she would've gotten, she should consider herself lucky," Mother snaps.

I sigh, running my hands through my short hair. I keep forgetting that it isn't long anymore, it's weird to feel it stop short. "Well, instead of fretting about punishing her, why don't we award the kingdom. Give them a time to celebrate, a place to laugh and smile without the worry of their jobs for once?" Percy suggests.

Mother looks him over, "You're smart, and we will. But don't you think we already thought of that?"

Percy's face goes red in embarrassment and I clench and unclench my hands, making a note to apologize to him later. Raising my hands, I clear up, "He's only trying to help." 

Mother grumbles something under her breath as Father gives Percy a reassuring clap on the back. "So how about we head down to the village and party?" 

My chest fills with excitement, "I'm down! Percy?" I look at him. 

He rolls his eyes, "Sure, but I'm not dancing." 

"Yeah right, and I'm Athena," I scoff, making my mom look up at me unexpectedly. Huh. 

We all stand as Father says, "Lots to celebrate in this fine night." 

We only have two more chapters! The second being the epilogue. Who's excited? *Raises both hands* 

Have a wonderful night/day wherever you are! - The Fangirl 

Disclaimer: I do not own the PJO or HoO series. I do not own Rapunzel. I do not own these characters.