Tonight

Finn was just now beginning to discover how hard it was to sleep at night with a big event coming up. He always prided himself on being able to sleep whenever but for some reason he was wide awake all night. The only good thing about that was the fact it gave him a leverage to start doing laundry and pack -which he had yet to do till then.

"What the fuck are you doing up?" Nick peeked into Finn's door. "It's four am."

Finn glanced up from his phone to look at his brother, who was coming home from work. "Couldn't sleep," he mumbled. His eyes were glazed with defeat and his whole statue seemed to droop. A lot of Finn wished that he could shrink further back into his coversn

"Take Melatonin?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

Finn shook his head and sighed. "I needed a head start on packing for LA anyway," he explained.

"Right," Nick drawled out. "You're meeting your boyfriend tonight. Still can't believe mom is letting you go."

"I know," Finn agreed scoffing. "Then again she's always too drunk to care."

"Hey," Nick defended, his previous slumped statue becoming bigger as he spoke, "mom does care. It's just been rough since dad left, okay?"

"Okay," Finn whispered, but internally rolled his eyes.

"Anyway," Nick began. "Do you need anything? Snacks? Extra clothes? Books?"

Finn thought about it then shook his head. "No, I don't think so. Thanks though," Finn smiled at his brother.

Nick nodded and smiled back, "Well if you do need anything, just ask.

"Aye-aye Captain," Finn saluted. Nick laughed but nodded and left with closing the door.

Finn heaved a huge sigh and growled at himself. In less than twenty four hours he would be meeting Jack, and he was beyond nervous. His hands would pass the clammy stage and go straight to sweaty and his heart would cramp up and his stomach would skip butterflies and go for queasy. Finn was a reck, and it wasn't even noon yet.

No one was even up to calm his nerves, except his big brother but he had no idea what Jack even looked like, Finn's friends at least knew that. Wyatt would probably be the go-to anyway. The curly haired boy always seemed to be straight up with Finn. He also could tell when Finn was just joking to cover up nerves or fear. They only knew each other for about three weeks and it seemed like Wyatt could write a book about him. Granted Finn knew Jack could too, but Wyatt and his relationship was different from theirs. Of course Wyatt and Finn weren't dating -despite the jokes- but there was more, Wyatt just understood Finn as a brother. Don't get Finn wrong, he loved Jack to death and back, and Wyatt was JUST a bro but it always was nice to have a brotherly figure.

There was always Jaeden, the boy always seemed to be more relationshippy? If that even made sense. Wyatt would probably just tell him to buck up, while Jaeden would -hopefully- at least sympathize with Finn, considering how nervous he was asking Wyatt out. But there was no way Jaeden was even up. He was most likely passed out, the only person up was probably Finn.

Finn for the umpteenth time since he said good night to jack, sighed. Considering a cold shower would do some good, Finn groggily stood up from his bed with minimal grace. It seemed like even a mouse breath would make him topple over. Grabbing a towel Finn grumbled all the way to the bathroom.

The shower was in fact cold and made Finn shiver the whole time. The worst part was that the shower didn't even help, his thoughts still stayed on Jack and his stomach still flipped every time he thought of it. It was five am when Finn finally got dressed and quit shivering, checking his phone Finn's heart squeezed when he saw a Instagram notification.