So I say, Let it be

this hoe aint loyal

chosen: he picked her

jaeden: yeah...

millie: is finn okay?

jaeden: wy is facetimin him rn

jeremy: is wy okay?

jaeden: hes tired but ok
jaeden: theyre talking in my room rn

sophia: i never should have made fun of her

sadie: soph u didnt know what would happen

gaten: it was unexpected

caleb: he made his decision

noah: but guys it wasnt the right one

jeremy: theres nothing we can do noah

noah: but! we could
noah: we could help them find their way to eachother

chosen: no noah

caleb: we're done trying buddy

noah: but what if they meet in real life?
noah: its so easy to fake emotions from behind a screen

sophia: it could work...

jaeden: idk i dont think finn is ready for that

millie: finn is more than ready

gaten: he needs jack

jeremy: but what if he has a breakdown?

sadie: he wont! he'll be with jack!

caleb: i think it could work...?

chosen: i guess?

jaeden: guys finn isnt ready

millie: they dont have to meet right away
millie: finn can stay with one of yall and then they could

jeremy: wont he be on edge the entire time tho?

sadie: no u just have to distract him!

jaeden: idk guys
jaeden: lets think on it?

noah: okokok

———————
"Are you okay?" Wyatt asked softly, his hand that held the phone rested against his belly and twitched every few seconds from standing still for so long.

Finn didn't answer at first, his head hurt and his heart ached, and if anyone would have asked he wouldn't tell them that the nausea nestled in the back of his throat kept trying to turn into actual vomit. "I'm always okay," Finn mumbled. Sometimes he wished that he cared about what Wyatt thought of home, maybe then he wouldn't feel so comfortable with snot dripping out of his nose while FaceTiming him.

"It's okay to not be..." Wyatt pointed out. The smell of Jaeden flooded his senses, it was almost so soothing to the point it was uncomfortable to Wyatt.

"I never blocked him."

Wyatt perked at this. Jack Dylan Grazer was apparently as dumb as they come, leaving Finn for Ellie, not just Finn but also his entire friend group. All for a girl who was probably sticking her tongue down the nearest person's throat. And yet... Finn couldn't do it. He couldn't block Jack, maybe it was because of old memories or prehaps it was Finn being hopeful. Either way, there was not one doubt in Wyatt's mind that Finn loved Jack.

"How come?"

Wyatt heard a loud and wet sigh echo through the receiver of his phone. "I couldn't lose him."

"And now?" Wyatt asked for once his gaze trained on the pixelated vision of Finn. The Finn that had a red nose and puffy pink eyes. The same that sounded out of breath and yet to full of air...but maybe it wasn't air that he was full of, maybe he was full of something else...like sadness.

"I still can't..." Finn's voice hitched violently at the end of his sentence. If Wyatt had been told that this was the same Finn Wolfhard that he had texted so many times two and a half years ago then he would laugh. This was not the same.

Wyatt sighed, his eyes burning when he shut them for too long. "Are you in Canada?"

Finn shook his head his curls bouncing from left to right, "I'm in Santa Barbara with Calpurnia." Wyatt resisted the temptation of wrinkling his nose.

"Oh, I'm sorry, where are you right now then?"

"In the tour bus... Malcom, Jack, and I were supposed to share a room but I just decided to sleep in here instead." Despite not being able to put a name to a face, Wyatt nodded his head as if he understood the barely comprehensible gibberish that came out of Finn's mouth.

"Are you okay?" Wyatt asked during a moment of silence. Finn glanced into the tiny box where his own face was held in the top right corner of his screen that displayed Wyatt's concerned face.

"I'm okay."

Wyatt sighed loudly, Finn honestly couldn't tell if he was tired of him or just plain tired. "I'm gonna head to bed, Finnland. I'm sure Jaeden wants to read before he sleeps and lord always knows how that goes.

"Okay," Finn chuckled his heart slowly filling in the asteroid sized hole in his chest. "Goodnight, Wyatt, thank you!"

"No problem! Goodnight Finnlard!" Wyatt called back before hanging up the phone.

And then suddenly it was just Finn and the darkness.