Chapter 27

On Sunday morning, Erik awoke with the idea of taking out Rosaline for a sail. He remembered seeing her fascinated expression the day before, when she discovered that Erik and his family had enjoyed weekend sailing adventures. He assumed she had never been on a yacht therefore and thus felt inclined to indulge her by taking her out onto the open water. With this thought in mind, he grabbed his mobile off his bedside table and dialled Rosaline's number.

"Good morning handsome." Rosaline greets.

"It certainly is a fine morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?" Erik warmly asks her.

"Very well thank you and yourself?" She easily replies.

"Like a baby, so much so in fact that I woke up with an intriguing idea." Erik suggests.

"And what might this idea entail?" Rosaline curiously inquires.

"Be ready in half an hour and you'll find out." Erik tells Rosaline instead.

"That's not a lot of time for a girl to get ready, you know? She cheekily retorts.

"Lucky for me, I know my girlfriend isn't the kind of woman who is afraid of a challenge." Erik proudly explains.

"Is that so? She sounds like a keeper Mr Silverstein." Rosaline boldly exclaims over the phone.

"She certainly is Miss Covault." Erik sincerely admits.

After chatting with Rosaline for a little while longer from the comfort of his snug bed, Erik reluctantly ended their phone call and jumped straight into the shower. Once he had scrubbed his body clean, Erik stepped inside his spacious wardrobe and selected a pair of maroon pants and a striped shirt to wear. Throwing a simple black sweater over the top, Erik finished in the bathroom by sprucing up his hair. With his car keys in one hand and a pair of sunglasses in the other, Erik left his house and drove towards Rosaline's family home.

Whilst driving, Erik inevitably began to reflect on the events that took place only the day before. Apart from declaring his love for Rosaline, Erik was in complete awe of how welcoming and accepting his family were of Rose. Although Erik never had any real concerns as to how they would react towards her, it comforted him to know his family were genuinely impressed by her maturity, grace and by the amount of respect, care and love she held for Erik. The only bit of distress that was currently affecting Erik was in waiting around to meet Rosaline's parents and her brothers. Based on the few conversations Erik had previously had with Rosaline, he was well aware of the fact that her family were not his biggest fans. Although they were yet to officially meet him, it was obvious that her family had made assumptions and judgements based on what they found out about him in the media. Coupled with the fact that Erik was significantly older than sweet, innocent Rosaline, it wasn't hard to see why they weren't overly excited by their relationship. Nevertheless, Erik was hopeful that soon enough he would receive the opportunity to remove any of their anxieties and set the record straight on his feelings for their daughter. Erik knew that if he was successful in doing so, it would undoubtedly bring him immeasurable happiness and joy. All Erik wanted was to be able to prove his worthiness for Rosaline and her affections.

Soon enough, Erik found himself parking along the curb of the street where Rosaline lived. After sending her a quick message to let her know of his arrival, he smiled when he spotted her in the short distance, leaving the house. Opening the passenger door and taking a seat against the leather, Erik couldn't help himself from leaning over the centre console and planting a loving kiss against Rose's lips.

"Erik, my parents are at home. They could have seen us." Rosaline nervously whispers, once they've pulled away from each other.

"Don't you think it's a good idea that they get use to seeing us together though? After all, I plan on sticking around for a long time sweetheart." Erik tells her in a  promising voice.