Chapter 28

By the end of the following working week, Erik hadn't seen Rosaline nor spoken to her for longer than a few minutes at a time. In turns out that it was reporting season at school, which meant that Rosaline was spending all of her spare time collecting assessment data to use for her student reports. Erik was surprised when Rosaline briefly informed him of her workload for the week. Up until this point, he wasn't aware of how hard primary school teachers worked, and if he knew one thing about his Rose, it was that she undoubtedly worked harder than any other teacher at Panorama Elementary. In an attempt to take some of the pressure off from her consuming schedule, Erik had organised a quiet night in for him and Rosaline ahead of time. It was currently seven o'clock and Erik couldn't stop himself from wondering where in the world she was. Earlier in the week, she had agreed to meet Erik at his house just after six o'clock, which was why Erik was slowly beginning to feel worried when she was nearly over an hour late. Fortunately, just as Erik was about to dial her number he heard the doorbell ring. Practically flying out of his seat and heading towards the entrance, Erik couldn't open his front door fast enough.

"Rose! Where have you been? I've been waiting since six, I was just about to call you." Exclaimed Erik, whilst flinging himself at Rosaline and giving her a bone crushing hug.

"I know, I'm sorry. I got held back at work again, I didn't want to leave until I had finished writing up those last few reports. Then I had to speed home, take a shower and change before racing back over here." She tiredly explained.

"Speeding? Sweetheart, if you had just called to let me know that you would be running late I wouldn't be as concerned as I am. The last thing I want you doing is putting yourself in danger on the road." Erik responded, as he ushered Rosaline past the foyer and in through to the living room.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just been a crazy past week." Rosaline apologised, before kicking off her shoes and throwing her exhausted body down against one of the plush couches.

Moving to take a seat beside her drowsy body, Erik gently picked up both of Rosaline's feet and placed them in his lap. With her shoes off, Erik began softly massaging her stiff and sore feet. He knew that she was too proud to give up wearing heels to work, which was why he found himself attempting to ease some of the pain in her body. Within a minute or two, Erik was surprised to see Rosaline's eyes drift close while her mouth fractionally opened to allow a few pleasurable moans to escape.

"Erik...that is such a comforting feeling." Rosaline told him, with her eyes still very much firmly sealed.

"It's the least I can do." Erik truthfully told her, with a content smile on his face.

Sometime later, Erik left Rosaline's side so that he could go and reheat the hearty chicken and mushroom soup that he had prepared earlier in the day. Despite her reluctance to eat, Erik knew better than to allow Rosaline to skip dinner. He had even offered to spoon feed her, which she adorably agreed to for the first few mouthfuls before giving in to simply feed herself. Snuggled up against each other on the couch was exactly where Erik wanted to be, especially after the tiresome week that Rosaline had evidently endured.

"I've missed you." Erik told her at some point during the night, when the pair were watching a film.

"I've missed you too." Rosaline easily replied, before leaning in towards Erik and puckering her lips for a longer desired kiss.

"I've missed these lips." Erik admitted after their sweet exchange, causing Rosaline to release a fit of giggles.

"And I've missed that laugh." Erik nonchalantly added with a pleased expression of his own.

"You're much to kind Erik, I love you." Rosaline whispered in reply, her voice devoid of all laughter and instead full of longing.

Gazing at her from beside his place on the couch, Erik felt a burning intensity to show Rosaline just how much he reciprocated those same feelings for her. With one hand loosely woven between the tendrils of her dark locks and the other hand circling the exposed skin above her hip, Erik made it no secret that he wanted her in anyway that she was prepared to give him. Erik didn't waste another second before closing the distance between them and connecting their lips in a passionate kiss. Unlike most of their exchanges in the past, Erik could sense that this kiss was one fuelled entirely by raw passion. But before allowing himself to become too enamoured by their current state, Erik had to first ensure that Rosaline was feeling well enough to continue their loving embrace. The last thing he wanted was to coerce her into kissing him whilst she was still feeling exhausted and potentially ill.