Infatuated

Infatuated- be inspired with an intense but short lived passion or admiration for.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Izuku POV

Things were awkward to say the least.

We walked "together" but about five to seven feet apart.

He drawled on about the long history although he wasn't interested.

To me every word about this ancient place was gold.

Finally we had arrived outside and in the secret garden.

"Over there are panther lilies... don't get to close or they'll f*cking bite you."

"Good to know."

"Those a sleep-a-by daisies so don't smell them or else you'll fall into an eternal sleep. Trust me it's not fun."

"How'd you break out of the trance?"

"Cause I'm Katsuki Bakugou. Apparently you need to be awakened by 'true' love's kiss but that's a load of bull."

"And over there are the weeping willows. Such a pain to deal with, they're always crying about something."

"And next the weeping willows are the screeching sunflowers, the name says it all."

I looked into the pond. What a beautiful reflection and color...

"Don't stare too long that's the pond of forsaken dreams. The pond water is from the tears of the sirens. Stare too long and you'll become a complete narcissist and die away looking at your reflection."

"Is there anything else I should know?"

"Plenty so just stay the f*ck away from anything. I guess I could show you the rose garden, it's my old hag's but I don't care."

He led me through another maze of sorts.

In the middle of the maze were the prettiest roses I had ever seen.

"They're so pretty!"

"They're my old hag's own creation."

"Cool!"

"We call them blood roses."

"Why?"

"These roses are prettier for this reason and this reason alone. Their source of beauty and luscious petals is from blood."

"W-what type of blood?"

"Any blood really. The blood type determines what color the rose is. Each monster has a different color."

I had been entranced by a beautiful white one.

I went to touch it and pricked my finger on one of the thorns.

Blood trickled from my finger onto the rose.

The rose branches ensnarled my hand to my forearm.

I let out a yelp of pain but it quickly ended.

My blood had always been red before so why now of all times was it a shimmering elegant gold?

"That rose didn't have a blood source and you provided it. Dumbass..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

The white rose evolved into something quite extraordinary.

The rose grew and grew in size, now about the size of a basketball.

The color seeped into its once pure white petals.