woman hood

♡mara♡
age twelve

2008

Mara had been in the middle of completing her nightly training when she felt something wet in between her legs. Initially she thought she had somehow peed herself, prompting her to ask to go to the bathroom. Being given a harsh glare, she had been reluctantly excused.

It had taken everything in Mara to not freak out at the sight of blood in the crotch of her leotard. What was happening? She tried to use her abilities to find if something was wrong with her, but there was no internal bleeding of any sort.

Mara was unsure of what to do now. Was she to tell someone about this? It seemed she should, but she also did not want to appear weak. What if it was nothing important? Then it would appear she was stupid for thinking something was wrong. In the end she didn't have to decide, because one of her instructors walked in.

"What is taking you so long, child?" The woman demanded, walking in front of Maras stall.

"Blood," Mara answered, swinging her stall open for the woman to see. She wasn't worried about privacy, she was more worried about what was wrong with her.

  "I see. Get up, we are going to see Miss Sokolov," The instructor said, turning around and heading for the door. Mara was quick to pull her leotard back on, along with sliding her shorts back up her legs. Mara no longer worried that something was wrong, as the woman had not seemed worried at all.

The walk was uncomfortable, Mara wishing for nothing more than to change into a clean leotard. Hopefully she would be provided one, otherwise she would have to deal with a blood stain. Of course she had multiple blood stains on the leotard already, but the placement of those weren't as embarrassing as this one.

When the two came to a stop in front of the door, Mara wondered if she was in trouble while her instructor knocked. It was only a mere second before she was let in, walking in by herself as her instructor left her. She didn't fear getting in trouble, she only wondered what it was that she had done wrong.

"Why are you here?" Miss Sokolov questioned, eyeing Mara. Mara wasn't sure how to explain, but before she could, a burning sensation ran through her veins. There was something in her. It was all throughout her body.

The pain was similar to the pain she felt when she was injected with the mutant serum, only Mara hadn't been injected with anything recently. Had she been poisoned? It wasn't likely, she would've been able to detect the poison the moment it entered her body.

"Speak, girl. You're wearing my patience thin," The woman sounded slightly irritated, so Mara decided to speak.

"I am bleeding," Mara decided to say, unsure how to explain. Miss Sokolov only raised her brow.

"You bleed almost every day, what is so important now?" That was when Miss Sokolov caught on. Her irritation was quickly washed away and replaced with anticipation. "What are you feeling? Are you feeling anything?"

"Pain, like when I was injected with the mutant serum," The fire like pain seemed easy to ignore to Mara by now, having been long acquainted with many types of pain. It was part of her training to be used to the pain, and she was lucky to be one of the better ones when it came to it.

"Good, it's working then," The words spoken confused Mara. What was working? "The serum was created to activate when you got your first period."

Mara remembered the talk of a serum activating, but she had no clue what a period is.

  "It means that you're entering woman hood now," Miss Sokolov said. "I'm not surprised that you are the first to get yours, although I am curious on how soon we'll see the changes."

Woman hood. It sounded strange to Mara, being a woman. All of her life she had been reminded of how small she was, how she was a child. How would it be to not be a child any longer? It was a foreign thing for Mara to think about, and she really did not want to think about it any longer.

  "One of your instructors will teach you how to deal with your period, you'll be taken to shower and given a new uniform," Miss Sokolov said, bringing out her walkie talkie and talking into it. She ordered one of the instructors to come take Mara and show her how to use a tampon, whatever that was.

It wasn't long before Mara was taken from Miss Sokolovs office and brought back to the bathroom. The instructor handed her a weird oval shaped object and instructed her to insert it somewhere that Mara really didn't want to insert it into. It was the same place used for sex, so why was she bleeding out of that?

Mara was very confused.

Hi! I know it's been so long since I've updated, but I was struggling on how I'd write this chapter. I'm sorry it's so short, but trust me, we're about to get to a big part of this story!

For any of you who have been reading my Peter fanfic, I have unpublished the book. I've accidentally deleted the first chapter and I have to work on rewriting it, which could take a while. I was really happy with how it was and I'm bummed out that I will have to write it over and it will just not be the same.

P.S guess who just got her permit? :)