dirty little secrets

♡mara♡
age fourteen

2010

Things were going to be different today, Mara could feel it. The air was filled with foreboding, and she wasn't sure whether she should be worried or not. Maybe something good was going to happen, or maybe something bad. Either way, Mara was up for a change that didn't include family bonding.

The first half of the day had gone better than she thought. Tony didn't die of his stupidity and Pepper didn't quit her job after seeing Tony in a weaponized suit covered in bullet holes. Mara had to give the woman points for that. Maybe one day the two of them would actually end up together, but Mara probably wouldn't even be around by then.

Mara had an inkling if what was going to happen. Tony was going to find out that Obidiah was the reason for all of it, and then Obidiah was going to go down. He will probably get sent to prison, which Mara didn't mind. By the time he was in prison he'd find out about the cancer, and then he'd spend the last of his sick days uncomfortable. The thought of that made Mara feel blissful.

Pepper was sent on a 'mission' to hack Stark Industries computer. Tony was expecting to find files about his company dealing under the table, giving him solid proof. What Tony doesn't know was that there was probably so much more on that computer. Mara was practically sat front row of a movie she already knew the ending to.

The minute Pepper left the house, the movie began. Mara went along with her day as things began to unfold. She didn't have to deal with her father, due to him tinkering and brooding down in his workshop.

Mara got a small snack before grabbing her book and heading up to her room. While she knew that she probably didn't have to worry about her father bothering her in the living room, she also knew he was bound to come up at some point. So she wasn't going to bother getting comfortable just so she would have to move sooner than she'd like.

The house was quiet for a while, which Mara enjoyed. She pretty much finished her book before something unexpected happened. Obidiah was here. That wasn't something that was supposed to happen.

When she figured out what he was up to, she felt nearly stupid. Of course there had been no way she could've known, considering she hadn't seen the man since the banquet. But she had been stupid to believe that things would've gone over so smoothly.

As now expected, Obidiah entered her room shortly. The irritation on his face was obvious, but Mara sat still on her bed with an indifferent look on her face. The question was, how was this going to play out? Should she just end him right here and now, or go along with it?

Considering there would be questions and punishments if she killed him, and there was still the chance of him ending up in cuffs by the end of the night, she went along with it.

"Put these in your ears, now," He wasn't being gentle, and he wasn't asking. Mara didn't say anything, instead she did as he said and put the two small devices in her ears. Was it wrong to want to see how this all would turn out?

Obidiah roughly handles her, grabbing her by her shoulders and dragging her out of her room. It was hard to not struggle and fight back, it was hard not to end his life right then. She would make it painful, and she would drag it out. She would make him regret ever looking at her in the ways he had.

A phone rang from downstairs, and that's when Mara noticed that her father was there. Obidiah was quiet as he made his way down the stairs, Mara dragging along like a puppet. He was sure to hold her with one hand now, so that he could access the device in his pocket.

It was a weak moment when Obidiah came up behind Tony as he answered his phone, Pepper on the other line.

"Tony," Mara called out in warning, but it was too late. Obidiah pressed the button before her father could turn his head, causing the paralyzation to set in immediately. Mara watched as her father leaned back into the couch, unable to do anything but watch and listen.

"That was a close one, Maggie. Look at that, Tony. It seems your daughter has a heart after all," Obidiah chuckled, walking so that he was right in front of Tony. Mara could head his panicked thoughts, but there was nothing she could or would do now. "When I ordered the hit on you, I was worried for two reasons. First, I was worried I'd be killing the golden goose. Turns out you had one last golden egg in you."

Obidiah was obviously amused with the situation, which wasn't surprising considering he was a sick minded man.

"Second would be your daughter," Obidiah started on what he really came for, the arc reactor in her fathers chest. "You see, Maggie is truly sweet. More than you could know."

The arc reactor was removed from Tony's chest, but the true torture would begin now.

"Maggie wasn't coming home much anyways, but if you were truly gone then there was no chance. In the end, I had to make the sacrifice," Obidiah was closer to Mara now, behind her. His hands rested on her shoulders, and she did her best to keep her face straight. This would be hard, she knew it now. "Apparently your death was all I needed to have my sweet Maggie underneath me again."

It was out in the world now, no longer a secret. It seemed as if the weight became heavier on her shoulders, even if it wasn't only on hers anymore. This was no longer just her burden to bare. Now it was her fathers, if he lived through the night.

"Don't worry, Tony. I was gentle with her, I took it slow," Obidiah let his hand glide down her cheek, just so Tony could see. "I waited till she was eleven before I deflowered her, I wanted to make sure she was old enough. Before then I found different ways to make use of her."

It made her sick. As he spoke, Mara relived it all. Hearing the words come out of his mouth instead of just being in his head was worse. Before she could pretend that it wasn't real, she could just put it into the back of her mind and never have to think about it. Now it was real, and Mara did not like that.

"Maybe after tonight the custody of our sweet Maggie will be passed to me, just as your company will be," Obidiah pressed a kiss to the back of her head, now grabbing her arm in a possessive way. "Come now, Maggie. We have things to do."

All she could do was follow.

Happy Valentine's Day guys <3 Here's an early update for you all

How are you guys feeling after this?

I've had this idea in my head since the beginning. This is always how I wanted Tony to find out, when he couldn't do a thing about it. I hate how I had to present Maggie as weak in order to do it, but in reality if she killed Obidiah, there would be consequences.