pretty

♡mara♡
age fourteen

2010

Mara hated to admit it, but she enjoyed shopping. Despite Pepper making things slightly awkward and commenting on how revealing some of the stuff Mara liked was, it was enjoyable. She hadn't ever been able to choose what she wanted to wear. Before the academy she had still been a child who had outfits picked out for her, at the academy all she wore was a simple leotard and shorts.

She mostly bought dresses, finding them to suit her best. She bought a few t shirts and skirts, along with some shorts, but the majority was dresses. Along with that she bought underwear and bras, finding out that she was a thirty-two d cup. Pepper had been surprised when she found that out.

"Have you gotten your period yet, Maggie?" Pepper had asked, wondering how a fourteen year old girl had already grown into an adult sized bra. There was no denying it, Mara looked like a woman, in face and body. Mara decided carefully on how to answer, if she said yes then she would have to let her body have her period, if she said no she could get away with not having to bleed. But it was obvious that she had gone through puberty, so she would just have to suffer for the time she spent here.

"Yes," Mara said, looking at the bra in her hands. What would happen to all the things she bought when she left back to the academy. She'd have to leave it here, it would be best Miss Sokolov didn't know about Maras indulgence. "Although it can be irregular."

"That's normal, just let me know if you need pads or tampons," The blonde woman said, putting a comforting hand on Maras shoulder. The poor girl had gotten her period at school without a mother to help her, Pepper knew she was not the girls mother, but she liked to think she could act as one for Maggie.

"Thank you," The experience had been almost awkward, but it was done and over with soon enough. Now she was back home, dressed in a white dress. Was it wrong that she felt pretty? It was vain, conceded. It was selfish of her. Mara couldn't help it, but she felt pretty. She had never felt pretty.

"Hey, kiddo. How was shopping?" Tony asked as he walked up from his lab, seeing Mara sitting on the couch. Looking to her father, she decided to entertain him.

"Fun," She preferred the word enjoyable, it was not as wrong as fun. Mara was not meant to have fun, it was not something they practiced in the red room. Having fun was not something important to her training. But this was not the red room.

"That's good. Is there anything you'd like for dinner?" He sat down on the couch across from her, looking up to the TV screen. A horror movie was on, something he was surprised to see Maggie watching. Turning his attention back to his daughter, he noticed the dress she wore. She truly looked like a woman, he hated that. This was his little girl. He wished he could go back to the day she was born and cherish her like he should have.

"Steak," Mara said, hoping to have something normal in her routine. Most dinners in the red room were steak and potatoes, other nights they would have chicken and green beans. She liked it that way.

"Fancy," Tony chuckled, reclining comfortably in his spot. "I'll make sure to have that made. Obidiah will be joining us for dinner, by the way."

Mara didn't feel much these days, nothing overwhelming. But the feeling Obidiah gave her was overpowering. Was it fear? It felt like fear sometimes, but it was a true ball of rage and resentment. Mara couldn't wait for the day where she never had to see his face again, or maybe the day where she ended his life herself.

"Why?" She couldn't help but ask, hoping to find a way out of the disaster she would face tonight. He would come into her room and there was nothing she could do about it, not unless she wanted to reveal she was a mutant.

Tony was almost taken aback by the tone of resentment in her voice, it was the most emotion he had witnessed from her since she'd gotten here. Did she not like Obidiah? A flash of a six year old Maggie telling him she didn't like him came to his mind, along with the memory of grounding her for it.

  "Just to catch up, do you not want him to come?" He would've uninvited him if she just asked, but Mara wouldn't of risked making it seem like something was going on. As much as she'd love to get rid of Obidiah, she was sure telling her father what happens wasn't worth it. Either he wouldn't care or it would just cause more problems.

"No, it's fine. Just wondering," Mara said, glancing to the tv screen to try and distract herself. She had to be strong, she had to do things she did not want to do. It couldn't be much longer, could it? At most a couple of months, he couldn't keep her longer than 'summer break'. Mara would be fine.

"Okay, sweetheart," The term of endearment came from him so easily, yet it was so foreign to hear come from his lips. He had called her honey, but that was just a slip up, right? Now he has done it again? Looking over to her father, she tried to figure him out. She dug through his mind to try and find some type of ulterior motive, but could find nothing of a sort.

"I will be in my room," Mara said abruptly, quickly walking toward the stairs and away from the suffocating situation. Tony watched her as she went, wondering what he had done wrong. He had done so many things wrong, too many things. Tony wasn't sure if he could ever make things right.

A second update within less than a day? That's crazy! I wish I could have some type of update schedule to give you guys, but my writing patterns are all over the place!

I just want to say that I really appreciate you all and every single one of you that comment and vote, it really makes me feel good about my writing.