fool

♡mara♡
age fourteen

2010

As weeks passed on, Mara watched. She watched as her father nearly made himself sick by working on his newest weapon, coming so close to perfecting it. It was at all hours she heard him run many tests and fail them, until one day he made progress.

Of course this meant she had something to report to Miss Sokolov, but also this meant she'd no longer be able to watch him make a fool of himself. It was her favorite thing to do when she was bored, so now she would have to find something else to do.

Just like the fool he is, her father took his progress in full stride. Tony didn't waste a second before putting on the full suit and flying out of the house at an unsafe speed. Mara wasn't sure whether or not to be shocked by the stupidity of her father or be slightly impressed.

Losing interest, Mara busied herself with other things that weren't gathering intel on her father. Instead she sat on the couch, her legs tucked underneath herself and a book in hand. She wished she could read more at the academy, of course they did read a lot, but not for fun.

Everything was peaceful until her father, who she quickly remembered was a fool, fell through the roof. Not only did he fall through the roof, he fell through the beautiful white piano and the floor beneath it. At first she was startled into a defensive position, ready to kill if need be. Then she remembered the idiot she had to live with until the end of summer.

Slowly walking over to the hole in the floor, Mara peaked down into it just in time to see Tony doused in fire retardant.

"Oh, hey Mags!" Tony said cooly, as if he hadn't just crashed through the roof in a highly weaponized suit. Not like his innocent daughter needed to know that, of course his daughter wasn't so innocent. "I was just..."

"I don't care," With that, Mara walked back to her spot on the couch and resumed where she left off in her book. Mags? She couldn't help but question, the stupid nickname made her want to finish her father right then and there.

"Hey sweetheart," Tony said cautiously, coming up from his lab with a ice pack to his head. Turning to look at her father, the look of smugness and pain on her face both annoyed and pleased her. Putting her book down on her lap, Mara gave her father her attention, already knowing what he was going to suggest. "Up for a little party?"

"I suppose," Mara got up from her seat, already heading for her room. There was a certain dress she already had in mind, one she thought of when her fathers thought process entered her mind. It was simple but elegant enough for the event, and sure enough to make her father question whether he should let her leave or not.

"That was easy," Tony mumbled to himself, glad that she even agreed to go. With that thought, he got himself ready.

The long red gown was made of a velvety material that didn't hug her body too tightly. Despite not being tight, the dress still showed off her form. The neckline went straight across, covering the cleavage she had. It was a woman's dress no doubt, but it was still conservative enough to be appropriate for someone her age. Pepper had been hesitant about buying the dress for the fourteen year old, but Mara had insisted.

Since the straps on the dress were thin, most of Maras arms were on display. Maybe the press would have something to comment about then, was it appropriate for her to show off so much skin? But the skin wasn't anything inappropriate, unless of course you think arms are inappropriate.