pain

∅tony∅

2010

Pain is what Tony Stark felt. It was what he felt when he thought of his daughter and how he had wronged her. He had wronged her so many times and there was nothing he could do to fix it.

The guilt ate away at him at night, and even during the day. There was nothing he could do but tinker away as a distraction. Even that didn't work very well.

Some days he would think about the early days of Maggie. Like when she was born, even then he hadn't been a good father. He hadn't even been a good husband.

She had been so small, premature actually. He's made sure to have the best doctors for his little girl, but even then, he didn't care enough. Even with her new life hanging by a thread, he hadn't cared as much as he should have.

His wife had stayed in the hospital day and night with their child. All Tony could say was that he paid for it. Instead of being there for his wife and daughter, he was at work. It was what he did best, other than party.

That time period is what had ruined his marriage, and then lead to Margaret leaving him. That's what lead to the woman's downfall into drugs, which he blamed himself for. If only he'd been a better husband, then maybe his ex wife wouldn't have attempted to slit Maggie's throat.

He remembered the little girl now, the one that couldn't talk. Even now it was obvious her voice was strained from the damage dealt to her vocal chords. She had held so much hope in her eyes the moment she saw him, and what had he done? Tony had played pretend for the social worker then brushed his daughter off like she was nothing more than a piece of dust.

That was the moment he regretted the most. There were others too, such as the time Maggie had told him that she didn't like Obidiah. He'd brushed her off then, too. Now he was the reason that his daughter had been degraded by a man four times her age. And on more than one occasion, from what Obidiah had made it seem.

He regretted the day he sent her off to boarding school, not even watching her as she walked up to the doors of a school she knew nothing about. She must've been so scared then, and he had done nothing to comfort her.

Then came the day he told her to never come back, and she had listened. He went years without seeing his daughter, and when he did, she was a completely different person. He'd sent her away a child and then came face to face with an eleven year old woman.

It was worse the day he had came home from Afghan. She easily played the part he had taught her to, then tore off the mask in the blink of an eye. He had made her this way.

Again now, he was feeling pain as he watched his daughter walk up the steps of a school he knew nothing about.

Surprise! Double update and a Tony POV!

This is it guys... this is the last chapter of Viridity.