Ch. 5 - Found You

Anna

“Does everyone have to put their nose in my business,” I shouted as I turned around after hearing a noise behind me. “I-I-I’m sorry,” the person behind me said as I turned around to fully face them with my hands on my hips. “I hate being spied on,” I said glaring as the person began to back away with his hands up. “Look I said I’m sorry,” he said as he put his hands down, “you’re tattoo.” “What about it,” I asked still with my hands on my hips. Who the fuck is this guy, I thought as he looked like he was debating on answering me. “I’ve seen it before,” he whispered and I wasn’t sure I even truly heard him. “You what,” I asked, “you’re lying. No one has seen this tattoo. Not for a long time anyway.”

I looked away and fought back tears as the memory of my two closest friends came to mind. “Anna,” I heard a voice whisper after a few minutes of silence. It was so quiet, like they were unsure, that I almost didn’t hear them. I looked up, knowing I had a tear finally slip down my cheek. “How do you know my name,” I whispered, “you weren’t here when I was introduced.” “I barely recognized you,” he whispered stepping forward a few steps, “but it’s that tattoo that gave you away, Little Mouse.” I looked up at him squinting my eyes trying to get a good look at his face. “Daryl,” I asked as I took a step forward when he stopped where he was.

He smiled knowingly at me as he held out his arms for me and I couldn’t stop the tears that began to fall, I was just so happy. “Oh my God Daryl,” I cried as I ran to him and jumped into his arms, holding on as tightly as I could, “Daryl I thought I’d never see you again!” I was crying as I placed my feet back down on the ground, standing on my tiptoes as I felt him wrap one arm around my waist as he placed the other on the back of my head holding me as close to him as possible. “Shh, shh, shh,” he said as he began to slowly rock me, “I’m here now. I ain’t never letting ya go again.”

I pulled away from him and smiled up at him as a thought occurred to me. “Hey Daryl,” I said as he pulled away and handed me my clothes I had folded on a rock near the water. “What is it,” he asked as he turned his back while I got dressed. “Who was it that dragged my ass here when Shane couldn’t get me on his own,” I asked as I pulled my jeans on and slipped my shirt back on. I watched as he slowly turned his head back to me, and smirk on his face. “You,” I said shocked, “it was you? Why didn’t you say something?” “Didn’t know it was ya at the time,” he said smiling as he turned back around to face me. I shook my head as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, leading me out of the quarry.

“Where are we goin’,” I asked confused. “I think my brother would like to see you too.” “Wait Merle’s here,” I asked pulling him to a stop so he’d look at me. “Of course,” Daryl said smiling at me as I pulled out of his arms and went running up the road of the quarry. “Merle,” I shouted as I ran, even though I knew he couldn’t hear me yet. “Anna wait up,” Daryl called behind me as I heard him running to catch up. “I haven’t seen either one of y’all in months and you’re telling me to wait up,” I called back behind me as I continued on, “the hell with ya I wanna see Merle.” “I know but still wait up okay,” he said as he finally caught up to me, “he won’t recognize ya otherwise. ‘Cause I didn’t.” “Fine,” I grumbled as I let him lead the way back into camp. I’ve found my friends, I thought as a smile came to my face. I was happy again, even in this world we live in now.

I wanna say a big thank you to my friend Murphys_Girl for helping me with the nickname for Anna :)