Ch. 22 - Rescued

Anna
What the hell were the dumb ass jackasses doing?! Did they not know it’s unwise to piss Daryl off? And I know he’s pissed as is since they kidnapped me and Glenn here, but they just hastened their deaths in this world. When they held me and Glenn up on that roof, I really was scared because I thought they were gonna throw me and Glenn over, but when I saw Daryl down on the ground with that kid and Rick, I was more scared for him than myself. And the look he had on his face when he saw me up there, I know he had to be seeing red. But what I couldn’t understand was, why these people were doing this. I guess maybe because of the elderly that was here in the building. After their little display of Glenn and I up on that roof, they cut our bindings and removed the tape from our mouths, now that was a bitch. “Why are you doing this,” I asked one of the guys that had cut us loose after my mouth was free.
“We have to protect the little bit of medicine we have left, that and the food and supplies,” he said looking over at me. “They don’t want any of that,” I said as I glanced to Glenn then around the room to notice that the men that had been down below with Rick and Daryl weren’t in the same room with us, “they just want Glenn and myself here back. We don’t want any of your stuff, you need it here for these people.” I gestured around to all the elderly in the room. I was disgusted by how the staff that originally worked there before the apocalypse began just up and left these poor people to fend for themselves. I was horrified actually that they had done that. “Please,” Glenn said walking up beside me as I still stood in front of that one man, “just let us go. Don’t hurt our friends and we’ll leave. You can keep your medicine and everything.” “Afraid it’s not up to me,” he said as he turned from us and walked away, leaving me to look over at Glenn who was looking back at me worried. “It’ll be okay Glenn,” I said smiling over at him, trying to reassure him but in all honesty, I wasn’t even sure myself.
“Mr. Gilbert, he having trouble breathing,” an older woman said catching my attention as I suddenly heard a man gasping for air, “I go get help.” I walked over to the older man, tried to help calm him down, to help him regain his breathing while Glenn stood back and watched and the older lady went to find help. “It’s okay, calm down, Mr. Gilbert right,” I said as I knelt down in front of him and placed both my hands on one of his, “just calm down, everything will be okay.” I looked back at Glenn as I felt so helpless as I kept both my hands on top of his one. I didn’t know what to do, I was just trying to keep his breathing calm until someone came back with the older woman to help him. I was so worried about the man, and trying to help him as best as I could, that I didn’t even hear people walking back into the room where we all were standing at. “Anna,” I heard Glenn whisper and when I looked back to him, he nodded to something behind me.
I turned around towards the direction he wanted me to look and that’s when I saw them, Rick, T-Dog, and Daryl. I stood up, as one of the men that had grabbed me and Glenn walked over to Mr. Gilbert with his inhaler to give him his medicine, and walked over to Daryl who quickly wrapped me into a tight hug as he placed his free hand around my waist. “Thank God you’re alright,” I heard him whisper only loud enough for me to hear as he placed his head down on my shoulder and secretly placed a kiss there while I put my head in the crook of his neck. “I’m fine Daryl,” I whispered just as loud, “I was more worried that you would come in here and kill every single person here.” “I would have,” he whispered as we both remember there were others here and pulled out of the hug, “had it not been for that older lady there I woulda tried to kill every single motherfucker that had anything to do with takin ya.” I placed one of my hands on his cheek and smiled up at him, I knew that’s what he’d do because I woulda done same had it been him and not me. I smiled over at Rick and T-Dog, not moving from my spot next to Daryl. I didn’t care if anyone picked up on things between us, I wasn’t leaving out of his reach ever again.