8. Imperial Kitchen.

8.

*    *    *

The day was a Saturday and not any ordinary Saturday, it was Becca's wedding. Ruqqoyah and Samiah have been with her since the previous day.

The couple left for their honeymoon to Bauchi state immediately after the wedding reception.

"I'm going to miss the idiot." Samiah said. The duo were sitting at Ruqqoyah's personal space after they got back from the wedding.

"That's damn sure." Ruqqoyah said.

"She can't even pick somewhere nice for her honeymoon. Imagine, Bauchi state all because of Yankari park" Samiah fake hissed.

"You know how patriotic she is. Besides what's wrong with having honeymoon in your country?" Ruqqoyah asked.

"I'm definitely not staying here for mine."

"Okay o, whatever. Anywhere for me as long as I'm with my man."

"Hmm, someone too will soon join the group in two months time."

"Actually its one month two weeks now."

"Yeah, anyhow." Samiah said with a sigh. Ruqqoyah sensed the sadness in her voice.

She rolled her eyes at her "Oh come on, its not like we won't be in touch anymore." Ruqqoyah said.

"Why isn't anyone coming for me? No proposal, no hello, no hi, I'm I really that ugly?" Samiah questioned.

"You ugly? You mean with that heart shape face, straight nose, and hour glass shape of yours" Ruqqoyah counted on her fingers. "You got to be kidding me if you think you are ugly." She added.

Samiah flashed her a smile "Thanks, but I don't think guys see that. I mean why ain't they coming my way, it's as if I'm invisible to them." She said.

"We are all in our time zone, mine is different from yours and vice versa. Just because your friends are getting married earlier than you doesn't mean your time wouldn't come. Its better to marry late than marry wrong." Ruqqoyah advised.

"Wow thanks. You really are growing up. Getting married is making you think wisely." Samiah teased.
"Whatever."

"I need to get going. Let me bid mummy good bye first." Samiah said getting up.

They met Sekinah in the sitting room watching African magic.

"E ku ijoko ma" Samiah greeted.

"O se oko mi." Sekinah replied "You girls should sit down I want to talk to you". The girls obeyed.

"Okay, so what's your plan about this upcoming wedding. I shouldn't worry about the clothes aspect right?" Sekinah asked.

"Yes ma, in two weeks time her Abaya will be ready." Samiah answered.

"Alright then, that's the only thing that concern you guys, I will be in charge of the rest." Sekinah assured.

"So, Samiah when will we be preparing for your own too" Sekinah asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't know o" She replied coyly.

"Ruqqoyah is that true she really don't know?" Sekinah questioned.

"Yes, she really don't know, but she want to know soon"
"What does that mean? Abi there's someone somewhere ni." Sekinah asked.

"Don't mind her o, there's no one anywhere." Samiah answered.

Sekinah was quiet for a second some connections going on in her head "Hmm, alright then do you want me to find someone for you?"

Samiah looked down coyly feeling shy as if she hadn't engaged in any conversation with her before. "I wouldn't mind."