23. Just us.

Not that late for an update.
Wish, hope and pray you like this.

Enjoy. 💕

*    *    *

"Wake up sleeping cat." Ilyas said trying to wake Ruqqoyah up from her slumber.

"Twenty minutes more." She dragged the duvet further up her body and curled up almost into the size of a ball.

"You said that twenty minutes ago." Ilyas said attempting to remove the duvet from her.

"Please lemme sleep some more, hmm?" She pleaded.

"It's almost noon and you have to eat." He finally got her untangled from the duvet but she quickly put the pillow over her head to shield her face from the sun rays.

"I'm giving you ten seconds to get up or I will act according..."

She sprang up from the bed before he could finish his sentence. "I'm up now, happy?"

"Exultant." He grinned and she pouted. "So madam will you get up to take your shower now?"

"Have you?" She asked and he nodded.

Begrudgingly, she got up from the bed and made her way to ensuite.

Some minutes later, she came back into the room and found plates of food and Ilyas who has started eating without her.

"Can't wait for me abi?" She asked with hands akimbo.

"Took you forever to finish bathing and I'm starving." He answered nonchalantly.

"Whatever." She rummaged through her bag and put on a sleeveless gown before joining Ilyas.

She spread some jam on a slice of bread and cover it with another folding it into two then putting it her mouth in one go.

Ilyas cringed."Who are you competing with?"

"Didn't eat last night and I'm famished." She replied amidst swallowing.

"Whose fault is it that you slept off without eating?"

"Nature." She replied.

*     *     *

"What do you think we should do today?" Ruqqoyah asked getting her phone from the nightstand and switching on the data.

"That." Ilyas replied pointing towards their unpacked luggage.

Ruqqoyah grimaced and whined. "Can't we leave it like that? I mean we are only here for two weeks."

"As your laziness wishes." He mock bowed.

"So what are we doing today?" She asked again.

"We are staying in and when it's time for lunch we will call room service."

"Haha why, shouldn't we go out to explore?" Ruqqoyah queried.

"I'm not Dora and definitely not an explorer." He grinned. "Besides it's our first day here, well second day to be exact so we will be spending it alone." He added.

"Well if that is what you want." She shrugged and continued pressing her phone until Ilyas snatched it from her.

"Give me my phone!" She snapped.

"It should be just us today, you know?" He said with a wink.

"Just us doing what?" She eyed him sceptically.

"Just us doing the do." He winked again.

"I don't know what you are talking about o" She said. "Just give me my phone I want to talk to Khalid."