34. Feelings.

34.

Enjoy.

***

Ruqqoyah placed the pitcher of tea on the dinning table and placed a bottled water besides it. She walked to Ilyas room to call him out for breakfast. She turn the door knob to enter but it didn't budge. He had locked the door from inside.

"Habiby." She called out and he didn't answer. "Breakfast is served. Please come out, you didn't eat last night." She pleaded.

"I will join you." Came his curt reply.

The ride home the day before was silent, Ilyas didn't say a word to her on their way home and the petty talks she tried to make were met with abject silence.

When they got home, he still didn't talk to her until after he returned home from the mosque after Isha(night prayer). He asked her where she went and of course, she can't tell him the truth hence she lied that she went to out in a rush to meet a client and she forgot to call him.

After explaining to him, he just bade her goodnight and went to sleep in another room. Since then she hasn't set her eyes on him.

He entered the dinning room and met her already seated waiting for him.

"Good morning." She greeted and he just grunted in reply. He opened his food and started eating without as much sparing her a glance leaving them with a tensed atmosphere.

Breakfast contained omelette and sausage with toast bread and tea. She took a bite of her food and when she couldn't withstood the silence anymore she said what came to mind.

"Do you like it?" She asked softly.

"It's fine." He replied. "You should have prepared swallow, I didn't eat last night. This can't belleful me."

She wanted to laugh but she just coughed instead. "I just think it's too early for swallow." She said.

Nobody said anything after that and silence dawned upon them once again but with a lighter mood this time.

After they were done eating, Ruqqoyah cleared the plates and joined Ilyas in the sitting room. The day being a Saturday, they both decided to skip work and stay at home. They sat in silence enjoying some TV show.

"Khalid said he is coming." Ilyas broke the silence.

"He didn't inform me." Ruqqoyah said.

"Yasmin returned from school yesterday, she's coming too."

"Wow, something smells fishy." Ruqqoyah said bobbing her head in thought.

"It's your breathe." He teased. Ruqqoyah raised her hand to hit him but retracted it.

He took hold of her hand and drew her closer. "It's fine, I'm mad at you no more." He beamed.

"I'm sorry." She apologized.

"Don't let something like that repeat itself again." She nodded, thinking of something worse that is bound to happen. "We are cool now." He said kissing her palm and she pecked his cheek.

"About Khalid and Yasmin?" She tried raising a questioning eyebrow but she failed.

"You look ugly when you do that." He said referring to her raised eyebrow and she pouted.

"You look cute when you pout." He said and she smiled. "Like a fish." He concluded and get hit.

"Khalid called to tell me he is visiting for some important discussion, and I told Yasmin to come. I need to inform her about Bilal's wedding. She's coming in the evening though." He explained.