10. Teakwondo Princess.

10.

*    *    *

"As salamu alaykum" Samiah greeted her mum as she entered the sitting room.

Her mother Hawah Ahmad was sitting on one of the chairs in the sitting room a spectacle perked on as her nose as she was reading a fashion magazine.

"Walaekum salam warohmatullah wabarakatuh Habeebaty" She said looking up from the magazine.

"How was your outing?" She asked using her index finger to adjust the spectacle.

"It was full of fun" Samiah replied with a smile.

"I know right. Come and see something here." Hawah said patting the space left on the chair.

"I'm tired ummi can't it wait till later?" Samiah asked stamping her foot on the ground.

"Don't be a baby come here. Bali" Hawah said.

Samiah giggled at her mother fake Korean accent. She moved over to her reluctantly dragging her feet.

"I'm not even sure you get that right" She said as she sat next to her mum.

"Check this abaya out. It will suit you perfectly. This one will be for the akdu and this one for the walima" Hawah keep going on pointing to different abaya in the magazine.

"Mom" Samiah called gritting her teeth.

"What or did you want both akdu and walima on the same day" Hawah questioned ignoring the frown on samiah's face.

"I'm into clothing mum I know what abaya to get for Ruqqoyah." Samiah said between gritted teeth trying to keep her cool.

"Ruqqoyah? Who is talking about Ruqqoyah here" Hawah said throwing her hand up for description.

"You are busy planning someone else wedding not even bothering to think about your own" She fumed.

Samiah take in deep long breathe to cool her anger. "Mum I will get marry when it is convenient for me" She countered.

"Listen young lady you are getting marry a month after Ruqqoyah's wedding so don't even give me anything about that convenient stuff" Hawah waved her index finger at her anger evident in her voice.

"Yes ma'am" Samiah said squatting slightly as a sign of respect before heading to her room doing her best to control her rage.

Immediately she got to her room, she flung her bag on the bed. She took up her pillow and screamed into it letting the pillow muffled it.

After she has calm down she took her phone from the bag and dialled her dad number.

Her dad Kamal Mansur who was currently out of the country for business purpose picked up on the second ring.

"Is my princess missing me?" He asked.

"Yes dad" She said sniffling.

"Who beat my girl?" He queried jokingly.

"Dad their is no one who would want to mess with me I know Taekwondo" She said wiping her face.

"You stop learning halfway" He teased
"I will still win if we have a duel like always" He chuckled when he heard her laughing.

"Dad I always won" She said between laugh.

"I let you won princess"

And he did. The fact that Samiah is an only child didn't stop him from teaching her taekwondo since she clocked seven. His reason was that he wouldn't always be there to protect her against the world.