18. My Woman.

Please make a mental note to comment and leave a vote at the end of this chapter.
Thanks in advance.

18.

Happy reading💕

* * *

Maher Zain's BarakaLLAHU was playing to announced and welcome the bride into the hall used for the wedding walima.

Ilyas was already seated in the specially provided space for the bride and groom. His breathe hitch in his throat when his wife entered the hall and it took him a brief seconds before his breathing could return to normal.

"As salamu alaykum" Ruqqoyah greeted when she reached their designated seat.

"Waleakum salam zawjaty (my wife)" He replied then flashed her a breathtaking smile and they fell into an awkward silence.

The silence was broken by the MC who ordered someone to lead them in a a short prayer before he proceeded with the program.

"You look gorgeous habibaty" Ilyas said looking at Ruqqoyah with different kind of emotions dancing in his eyes.

"You look breathtaking too habiby" She said with glinting eyes.

"Thanks for the message" She added looking down shyly.

By the message, she was referring to the text message Ilyas sent to her a while before they left for the mosque for the first part of the wedding which was the akid (engagement: in which they were pronounced as husband and wife).

At first she was confused at who could have sent the message because it was sent through an unknown number, but after reading she later detected it was from Ilyas.

"Do you like it?" He asked nervously.

"Of course I do, who wouldn't like something as heart warming as that" She beamed as she recalled the content of the message.

A promise from me to you.

Before we would be pronounced as husband and wife

Before I will be ask to take care of you

I'm making a solemn promise on my own

I promise to love you from now till eternity

I promise to cherish you with all of me

I promise to be there in better and worse

I promise to treat you like the Queen that you are

I promise to trust you

I promise to love you

I promise to strive with you on this faith

So even after our life on earth

Our love story will continue in Jannah

Ilyas.

"I'm glad you do"

"I'm feeling bad for not preparing anything for you"

He took her hand in his "You don't have to, you saying I do is enough for me" He sighed contentedly and she smiled at him in return looking at their entwined hand.

Something they have both always wanted to do.

They were so engrossed in their own little world that they weren't aware of the program going on around them. The mentioning of Ilyas name was what got their attention.