38. Plight.

'Why has she not reacted?'

'Maybe the video was not send to Ilyas?'

'Or was it sent to the wrong address?'

'Why in hell I've I not heard from her?'

Haroon thought in frustration, he was in the VIP lounge at Prime Hotel, where he had met Ruqqoyah some weeks ago.

He couldn't stop pacing, he couldn't stop thinking about why he was yet to hear anything from her.

After sending the video he recorded with a hidden camera during his meeting with Ruqqoyah to her husband, he had been waiting expectantly to hear the feedback of his deed from both side but nothing happened.

Any normal husband would have sent the wife packing and any normal wife would have stormed to him in rage, just as he expected, but reverse was the case, none of them reacted the way he want.

His informant had informed him that Ruqqoyah has not being going to work lately and there's no sign of her going out of their compound. Only Ilyas was reported to have been going to work.

Those two information did nothing to satisfy him. Ruqqoyah not going out means something must have happened, but what it was which he didn't know was killing him.

Frustratedly, he brought a packet of cigarette out his pocket, he removed one and threw the packet on the desk, he light it, and took one long drag, he exhaled, and watched the smoke vanished into the air.

He sat on the cushion and rested his legs on the table in front of the seats. He laid his head on the backrest, lost in thought.

He took out his phone and scrolled through the contacts, when he saw the one he was searching for, he smiled at the name with which he saved the contact with and the memories that came with it. White lilies.

He watched the contact intently before clicking on the message icon.

If Ruqqoyah wouldn't reached out to him, he will reach out to her.

***

Weekend used to be the most anticipated days of the week for both Ilyas and his wife. But not anymore.

It was Saturday, which means Ilyas didn't go to work, instead of spending it cuddling, playing, chatting or even go out with Ruqqoyah, he was  alone in the sitting room, laying down on the cushion, watching some program which he had no interest in and Ruqqoyah was in the room, probably crying, he guessed.

Most times, he wish he could just go to her and hold her in his arms to console her, to tell her everything is fine. But he couldn't, he was hurt by her action more than he has ever being hurt in his entire life.

He wondered if he do forgive her, would he ever forget, would he not judge her with her past?

No matter how angry he get, he still couldn't stand seeing her crying, which was why he had being avoiding her like the plague, even if he will maybe one day forgive her, it is still too early.

He hissed outwardly at the boring program that is still ongoing, he outstretched his hand to take the remote on the table, the remote fell from his hand and he groaned inwardly. As he bent down to picked it up, he caught a glimpse of some brownish paper under the cushion.

He put the remote on the table, he then lifted the cushion and brought out a brown envelope, he examined it wondering what it content might be and how it might have gotten to where it was.

He opened it, and his eyes couldn't believe what he saw, to say he shocked was an understatement, he was dumbfounded.

He wanted to move but it felt as if his leg weren't his, he wanted to shout but his vocal cord failed him.