39. Forgiveness.

39.

Enjoy.

***

"You are late." Haroon said to Ruqqoyah the moment he spotted her. She ignored his statement and sat on the chair opposite of him.

She do a quick survey of the restaurant and noticed how it's almost deserted. It's still the early hour of the day, so there were not many customers around except for a handful.

"Where are you hidden the camera?" She asked disdainfully.

"There's no camera." He stated.

"Even if there is, whatever you do with it can't do more harm than you already had." She replied staring him right in the eyes.

"What do you mean by that?" He probed, trying to know the effect of his past action.

She sighed. "Why do you want to see me?" She said ignoring his question. "What do you want from me?" She added.

"You." He replied curtly.

She shook her head. "You are sick." She hissed. "What I'm I even saying?" She asked rhetorically. "You are crazy." She stated.

"For you." He smiled.

"If you think you can separate me from my husband so that I will come back to you, then you must be a joker."

"Are you separated from your husband?." He beamed.

"Like I said earlier, you are sick..." As an afterthought, she added. "in the head."

He rested his hand on the chair and moved his face closer to her a little bit. "Ruqqoyah, I want you back." He said, meaning business.

"Even if I'm not married, do you really think I will come back to you? After what you did to me?" She asked.

"I had to, you know I had to, I wasn't ready then." He replied.

She scoffed. "You were not ready to father a child, but you can.." She swallowed the rest of the sentence.

"I'm sorry babe, but I had to, I had to do what I did." He attempted to took hold of her but she slapped his hand away.

"Don't you dare, don't you dare touch me with your filthy hand." She raised her voice a notch. She quickly glanced around and noticed she had gathered a few unwanted attention.

She took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves. "You gave me pills without my consent." Her eyes misted with tears at the memory. "I went through a hellish of pain and I even thought it was a miscarriage, until you show up with your quack of a doctor." She wiped away a lone tear that escaped her eyes.

He rubbed his palm over his face. "I wasn't thinking straight, I thought it was for the best."  He explained.

"Of course, in fact it was for more than the best." She said sarcastically.

"Ruqqoyah let's put that behind us, just come back to me, please." He pleaded sincerely.

"Put what behind us? The fact that you took the life of an innocent child without the consent of her mother?"

"Ruqqoyah, I'm sorry."

"No, you are not, if you are, you won't try to separate me from my husband. You won't even show your face to me."

"Try and see things from my perspective, I'm only trying to get you back, I want you back Ruqqoyah."

"You are delusional. How could you even say that?" She shook her head at him in disgust. "I hate you. I cursed the day I met you."

"Ruqqoyah please let me make things up to you, please." He pleaded.

"Make things up to me? When you have already ruined a lot. You got me separated from my husband, you made me a divorcee barely seven months into my marriage." She snapped.

"You are divorced?" He asked.

"Wasn't that you wanted all along, so I could come back to you?"

"Of course, it is." He smiled. "See, he doesn't even trust you." He smirked.

"Would you trust me if you were him? Would you? You are even happy about my divorce." She glared at him hardly. "You disgust me." She stated spitefully.

He looked taken aback by her statement. "Can't you just forgive, I never meant for you to hate me." He pleaded.

"Hate is an understatement, Haroon, I loathe you."

He looked dumfounded and silence prevailed over them for some minutes.

"Seems we are done here." Ruqqoyah said breaking the silence. "Before I go, please let this be the last time you will text me, and let this be the last time we will meet."

"Ruqqoyah, pl..." He was stopped mid sentence with a raise of her hand.

"I beg of you, please leave me alone, I need to breathe again." She whimpered.

"How can I? When you still ha...loathe me, when you are yet to forgive me?"

"Forgive you? When I'm yet to forgive myself, our forgiveness is with our creator. He is the one you should ask for forgiveness." She replied in all seriousness.

"I'm sorry Ruqqoyah, but I've never and I will never stop loving you." He said before standing up and walking out of the restaurant.

A while later, Ruqqoyah copied his movement and existed the restaurant too, the meeting with her girlfriends can wait. She hailed a cab, and once she entered, her mind drifted to the day that marked the beginning of her calamities.