Cronuts and Conversation

Peter sighed softly as he swept the bakery for the fourth time that day. It was a rather slow day, and he didn't see business picking up anytime soon. As he walked behind the counter and into the back to put the broom away the bell on the front door jingling stopped him. "Be right there!" He called, setting the broom down and walking back out to the front, dusting his apron with his hands with a smile on his face. "How can I...h-help you?" Peter forced himself to finish his statement, upon realizing who it was his brain had basically shut off.

"Yeah, is all this made in store? Fresh?" the man was on his phone, not really looking at Peter as he asked the question

"Y-yes, sir." Peter couldn't believe he was talking to none other than Tony Stark, the man who he looked up to, his hero.

"Alright, I'll take the rest of your macaroons and....two of the cronuts. You do coffee?"

"We do, but sir its been a slow day, that's a lot of macaroons.." Peter looked to the case, there were easily ten boxes.

"Add an Americano to that." Tony looked up from his phone, raising a brow at the smaller male. "It's for a meeting, and I think I can manage to afford it."

"Alright sir, just give me a moment to box them up." Peter smiled and went to work.

Fifteen minutes, ten boxes, a bag, and a coffee later, Peter rang up the items. "That's 569.87" Peter read out the total, furrowing his brows.

"Thanks kid, keep the change." Tony threw down two $500 bills and a $100 bill as well, as if it were monopoly money and leaving with his items.

Peter found himself at a loss for words, he took the money, putting it into the cash register, putting the extra in an envelope under the counter. He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. He grabbed his phone and immediately called Ned. "Ned, you're not gonna believe what just happened."

"I thought it was a slow day, but whats up?" Ned replied, intrigued.

"Tony Stark- THE Tony Stark just came in and bought all of our macaroons, and left a huge ass tip."

Ned laughed, "No way, you're just bored and trying to fuck with me."

At this point, Tony had walked back in, and Peter fumbled to put his phone down and pretend he wasn't in a call.

"Hey, Kid, that coffee was pretty damn good. So were the cronuts." He handed Peter a card with his information and an address on the back "I'm having a party tonight, I'd love for you to stop by. Maybe I can find out if you taste as good as what you make" He winked and left, for good this time.

"Holy fucking shit, dude did Tony Stark just hit on you??"

Peter brought the phone back up to his face, blushing darkly "Y-yeah he did." He couldn't hold back the wide smile spread across his face. It looked like he was going to a party tonight.