Sweettarts

"Tony Stark...seen drunk....flying around in his suit.." Click.

Tony groaned as he shut off the annoying TV, rolling over and pulling the pillow over his head. He picked up his phone, looking to see if maybe, just maybe, Peter had returned one of his texts, or calls, something. But all he found were notifications of news articles bitching about  him being drunk and trying to get a cat out of a tree with his suit.

He pulled himself out of bed, only to lay right back down. He didn't want to go anywhere, didn't want to do anything, he just wanted to lay in his bed and forget about the world, because his world seemed to have already forgotten about him.

The phone rang, and Tony instantly picked it up "Peter?" He asked, having not looked at the caller ID in his haste

"Uh...No sorry, it's Pepper.."

"Oh.."

"I know you probably don't want to hear from me, but I just..had to check in on you. I'm so sorry about what happened, I know us both being drunk wasn't much of an excuse...I just wanted to make sure you're alright."

Tony took in a breath, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Yeah...fine.." He lied, hanging up. He didn't want to talk to Pepper right now, as awful as that was, he just wanted Peter. And so he was going to text and call and lay in bed and feel sorry for himself because that's what Tony Stark does when he doesn't get his way.

When Peter woke the next morning, he was the one with the pounding headache. He groaned and peered up at the ceiling, an unfamiliar ceiling. Where was he? Oh no..

James was in the kitchen, making breakfast and some coffee for Peter, who likely needed it. He entered the room to find Peter sitting up on the bed, sheets wrapped around his naked body loosely. "Morning." The taller male said, flashing a pearly smile. "Made you breakfast, coffee, got you some painkillers." He spoke softly.

Peter nodded as a thank you, not trusting his voice to work so early in the morning. He downed the coffee almost instantly, taking the pills with it. After a few moments, he finally spoke up "What happened last night?" He asked, rubbing his head a bit. Thought peter already knew the answer, he felt like he needed clarification.

"Uh, a lot happened.." James said with a smirk, leaning over and trailing kisses along Peter's jawline. "need a refresher round?" He purred into the other's ear.

Peter jumped up, clinging onto the sheet wrapped loosely around his body. "Woah, slow down. I don't know what happened last night...well i guess now I do, but w-we're not a thing. I cant do this. I was drunk and—" Peter frowned, he was drunk, he was drunk and sobbing last night and James's response was to fuck him. He shook his head, scoffing as he fumbled about the room, grabbing his clothes and putting them on. "You're disgusting." He spat at the other, who threw his hands up, pretending he didn't know what he did wrong.

Forty- seven missed calls, and twenty-two text messages, all from Tony.

Peter chewed his lower lip as he walked the streets, not really knowing where he was going at this point. He scrolled through the texts:

"Peter please...I miss you.."
"I'm sorry"
"I want you back, Pete, what do I do?"
"I cant do any of this without you"
"I fucked up, I'm sorry, tell me what to do"
"Peter?"
"At least tell me you're okay..."
"I'm sorry.. I'm so so sorry."
"There's nothing I can do is there?"
"This is really it?"
"I fucked up for the last time."
"I should leave you alone, I know but you're the only one I want to talk to."
"Please answer."
"I'm getting worried..."
"Just tell me you're alive and not hurt or anything, and I'll leave you alone I promise."
"Peter???"
"Hahaha. Cart. Cast. Vat. Cat. Cat in tree. Lol"
"Got the kittie!"
*image of tony holding a grey kitten, clearly drunk off his ass*
"Oh...we aren't together anymore... sorry I dorgot. U have good life. Love. All love."
"I was drunk last night..obviously, sorry about those messages."
"Can we...can we meet up for lunch?"

The last message was sent ten minutes ago, meaning Tony was still home, he was still there at the tower and if Peter ran, he just might—

Looking up, Peter realized he was already standing in front of Stark Tower. He felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes as he looked up at the building that held so many good and bad memories. He chewed at his lower lip, trying to decide if he should go in or not. He shouldn't...right? Shouldn't give Tony the satisfaction of him crawling back to him...yeah he shouldn't go in. But...if he were to go just...grab his stuff?

Minutes later Peter found himself pacing in the elevator on his way up to the penthouse. When the elevator doors opened, he shuffled up to the door and slowly knocked.

"Go away, I don't want anything you're selling." A gruff voice snapped out.

"U-uh Tony? I just came to get.. to get my stuff." Peter stammered out, fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie.

The door opened almost instantly and Tony stood, in nothing but his boxers and a tank top, beard overgrown, smelling like he hadn't showered in weeks, even though it had really only been a few days.

"Jesus, Tony," Peter started, pinching his nose to try and tone down the smell.

"Sorry," He muttered out, moving so Peter could get into the penthouse to get his things.

Thirty agonizing minutes of Peter rifling around the place, trying to find all of his things that had been strewn out over the course of their relationship. Thirty minutes of Tony silently watching the boy who he loved more than anything in the world, take every last piece of him from his life.

"Well... I think that's it.." Peter said softly, looking down at the ground and scuffing his feet a bit, not really wanting to go. The second he walked out of that door with the last of his things, he knew it was over. For real, there was no going back, no fixing things, and Peter wasn't sure he wanted that. He set the box he had gathered down and walked over to Tony "Dinner. You.... you go shower, shower because you smell like a dump, Ill order us food — that I'm paying for, and we will sit, and have an adult conversation about all this." Peter took a breath, and Tony looked at him with hope filled eyes. "We're having dinner, and we're talking this out, because we've been through too much to let this be the end."

Tony nodded "Thank you." He said softly, moving to go shower like the other male had stipulated.