NARRATORS POV

Harry and Edward watch on with heavy hearts as Louis cries himself to sleep on Edwards chest. When he is finally off Harry runs his hands through Louis sweaty hair and Edward dries Louis tears with his thumb.

"Well, at least he didn't freak out too badly, about us taking him in" Harry says to his brother.

"I'm surprised he handled it as good as he did, I don't expect him to not get upset though, he will be up and down emotionally for a while, we just need to be prepared for that" Edward says.

Both brothers have a degree in psychology and are prepared for what's to come with Louis, they just hope they can help him and get him through everything.

"His temperature is worrying me, especially this soon after surgery" Edward tells Harry.

"I know, if he has an infection it's going to be hard to treat with everything else that's going on, I can't authorise his knee op until his infection has started to clear" Harry tells Edward.

Edward sighs

"The longer it's postponed the lower his chances of playing football get, he will have to learn to walk on his leg and move it around again, it's going to take months for it to heal" Edward says.

"Well, he's ours for at least two years Ed, we will do everything we can to get him playing again, I don't care how much it costs" Harry says.

Edward nods in agreement.

"Haz, I don't know how to approach this whole situation. I want more with him.....I want a relationship. I know there is a long way to go before we can even bring it up with him, but I just want to know that you're on the same page as me" Edward tells Harry honestly,

"Ed,I'm definitely on the same page as you believe me, I know he will need time, he's just lost his mum and his career is on the line. I think us just being there for him and giving him affection is what he needs, I think everything will develop naturally and fall into place when it's time. Im just so happy he is with us now" Harry replies.

Edward smiles and they lean in for a kiss that turns into a snogging session. They as interrupted by a knock on the door, they pull apart smiling.

"Come in" Edward calls.

The door opens and in comes Liam, Zayn and Niall.

"Hey guys" Zayn says.

"Hey you three" Harry says smiling.

"How's the patient? We just came by to check on you all, we won't stay long" Liam says.

"You're fine, he's okay. Spiked a temp last night and it's still worryingly high, changed his antibiotics. His blood pressure is still really low but everything else is looking good. He was quite sick today but we've changed his pain meds so hopefully that helps" Harry tells the three.

"That's good to hear, we can change him to a normal ward when his temp breaks and his vitals are normal" Liam says.

"I don't want to operate until his temp is down, I don't want to risk infection" Zayn says seriously.

They all come over and sit on the end of the bed.

"We were just talking about that, he found out about his knee when he woke up and he didn't take the news that well, he's okay but the sooner we can get in there the better" Edward says.

"I'm going to be on shift up here from tomorrow so I'll be looking after Lou" Niall says happily.

"Oh I'm so glad, having someone we completely trust will be great, I think you and Louis will get on really well" Harry says.