10

LOUIS POV

"EDWARD!!!" I yell at the top of my voice.

Edward is busy making lunch in the kitchen, Harry had to duck into the hospital for a consult but promised he wouldn't take to long. Over the last week after Harry and Edward allowed me out of bed, as I've developed a little bit of a cough, I've been spending hours practising going up and down the stairs by myself and today I've just made it all the way to the top and back down to the bottom by myself.

"Lou?, what is it sweetheart" Edward yells as he runs towards me from the kitchen, the tension leaves his face when he sees the bright smile on mine.

"I made it Edward, I went all the way to the top and all the way down by myself, I did it!" I yell happily.

"Lou! that's absolutely amazing, well done little one!" Edward tells me as he picks me up and spins me around.

I laugh at him.

"I am so proud of you, wait until Harry hears, he will be so happy" Edward tells me smiling brightly.

"Happy about what?" Harry calls as he enters the hallway smiling.

We both turn around to face him.

"Harry, watch this, watch" I yell excitedly.

Harry chuckles at me and watches as I make my way up and back down the staircase alone. When I finish at the bottom I look to Harry excited.

"Louis I'm so proud of you, that's so awesome. Great job" He tells me. He too picks me up and cuddles me tightly.

"I can't wait to tell Casey" I say happily when Harry puts me down.

"He is going to be so proud too Lou" Edward says.

I smile back at them both, hopefully things are looking up

.........................

The day before school starts back comes around way to fast and the last week my mood has been anything but good, I just don't want to go back and I'm starting to freak out. An hour before dinner, I decide to pick up the soccer ball I found in Harry and Edwards garage. It's been staring at me for the past few weeks and I haven't had the guts to pick it up. With school starting tomorrow though, I just want to be able to still kick a ball around.

I grab the ball off the shelf in my room and put my sneakers on. I'm in my comfy sweats and a T-shirt and even though it's cold outside I don't take a jumper with me. I couldn't care less about my chest still rattling, Harry and Edward have been a little over protective about it.

I walk past the kitchen where Harry and Edward are making dinner, it smells good but I don't feel like eating anything tonight.

"Everything okay sweetheart?" Edward asks as I walk past them.

"Mhmmmm" I respond, I don't stop, I keep walking.

"If you're heading outside you need a jumper on" Harry tells me.

I ignore him though and open the back door and slam it shut. I walk into the middle of the backyard. It's quite big and completely flat with the greenest grass and the Forrest at the edge. Harry and Edward have two mini football goals on either end set up, apparently Edward is a big soccer fan and likes to kick the ball around a bit.

I drop the ball in the middle of the grass and I stand and stare at the goal. I slowly start trying to pass the ball from one foot to the other and it's painful but bearable,I keep practising that and try to start to run with the ball. It's tough but I keep going, when I reach one of the goals I try to pull my leg back to score but it seizes and I hiss in pain. I shake it off and try again but the same thing happens, My leg just won't do it. This is so frustrating and I sink in a heap onto the grass, I bring my knees to my chest and just try to steady my breathing. I'm so pathetic, I just wish it wasn't this hard. I sit and stare at the goal for god knows how long, thinking about how good I used to be at football and how easy it came to me, I then start to think about how much pressure playing used to be though, how my daily life was based around football and how well I played at the last game, how I needed to always be eating properly and sleeping properly, it all suddenly feels a bit much, I start thinking about my mum and how she used to be at every game and always made everything seem so easy, my mind then flits to some of the fun stuff we used to do together. God I miss her, I think about Harry and Edward and how amazing they have been to me and I think of school tomorrow and how I just don't want to go.