9

LOUIS POV

"Okay so today we're going to tackle this staircase" Casey, My physiotherapist tells me.

It's been three weeks since I moved in and I've settled in really well, I have physio every second day with Casey and my knee has come a long way. I can now walk on it for longer, but the stairs are still a challenge. School starts in two weeks and the boys want me to be able to walk up and down the stairs with little help by then. Even though Im determined not to go back to school, I need to be able to do this if I'm ever going to have a chance at playing football again.

Harry and Edward are sitting off to the side watching my session, like they do every time. They both have skinny black jeans on, Harry wearing a green sweater while Edward wears a brown.

"What if I can't make it all the way" I panic, looking straight at Casey.

"I don't expect you to make it all the way bud, I'll be right next to you and you can stop at anytime okay" Casey reassures me.

I nod towards him.

Casey has been an amazing support and doesn't push me if I get frustrated and he respects my limits. He is only four years older than me and we get along really well, he's muscly and super fit and could break me in two but he's as soft as a teddy bear.

I grab the staircase railing and I pull myself up onto the first step, my knee is already aching from the exercises Casey and I just did but I push through it. I lean heavily on the railing but I make it eight steps up without needing any help.

"You're doing so well Lou" Edward tells me.

"Good job Lou" Casey says from beside me.

"I need to stop" I say, my knee is hurting badly,

I need to make it to the top though

"Okay, we can stop just grab on to me" Casey tells me.

I shake my head no

"I want to make it to the top" I say frustrated.

"Lou, you have done so well, you will make it to the top in no time, it's your first time trying this it's okay" Casey tells me.

Tears sting my eyes,

"But I want to make it, I can make it" I say as I grip the bannister tighter.

"Lou, sweetheart, don't push yourself, it's okay" Harry says as he and Edward climb the stair case so they are on the step in front of me.

"I can do it, please" I say determined.

Harry, Edward and Casey all share a look before Edward agrees.

"Okay, listen hold onto my arms, I'm going to walk backwards and you can hold onto me while you walk to the top okay" Edward tells me.

I nod my head and grip his forearms tightly,

I've got 12 more steps to go.

It's easier as I hold onto Edward, his hold on my arms is tight and he won't let me fall, I make it six more stairs before I stop again,

"Good job Angel, you are doing so well Lou" Harry encourages.

My knee is hurting so badly and I'll need some pain relief after this but I know I can do it. I finally make it to the top of the stairs and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

"Well, well, well, look at you go!" Casey says brightly.

"We are so proud of you Lou! Well done" Harry says ruffling my hair.