Point

The black fog billowed in Keegan's eyes and two words slithered from his mouth like a venomous viper poised to kill, "Rotten witch!"

He shoved me away so roughly that I fell back dangerously close to Zane's sitting form. My eyes met his pale face and I saw his upper lip curl and a deep snarl reverberated in his chest. The hunger had taken over again. His hands rested on the floor, his fingertips digging into the concrete angrily. He advanced slowly toward me and then lunged at me with lightning speed. An involuntary scream burst from my mouth and I scrambled backwards. The chains yanked him back and I jumped up off the floor and spun around to see Keegan with his hand around Phoebe's throat. I rushed forward but suddenly a vicious scream was echoing off the walls and it was all I could do not to collapse to the floor with my hands over my ears. I saw Keegan's hand drop from Phoebe's neck and she fell to the floor gasping for air. He spun around with an aggravated roar and stepped right up to Zane. He grabbed Zane by the jaw and threw him back into the wall.

"Seriously, shut up! I'm here to get you out but you have to calm the hell down. I've been listening to you whine all morning," he said in a severely annoyed voice. Zane squirmed and actually tried to bite Keegan but Keegan kept him almost completely incapacitated. Keegan held Zane's mouth shut with one hand.

He looked straight into Zane's eyes and slowly said, "I know you're in pain, but it's really your own fault. You should've come to me not your Hunter girlfriend." Zane's breathing relaxed and he ceased struggling. Keegan let go of Zane and turned around. He crossed his arms over his chest and walked towards Phoebe. I stepped in front of her and glared at Keegan's gorgeous face, getting less gorgeous every minute as his actions spoke louder than his pretty face. He looked worn-out and dreadfully unimpressed.

"Oh please, you think you're being brave? Standing in front of her, trying to protect her from the big bad wolf when you just threw her to me not five minutes ago," he said and his words hit a nerve. He was right; I did throw her to him when I told him she was the one who enchanted the chains. I tried to say I was sorry but the apology wouldn't come out of my mouth. He shook his head slowly and stepped even closer. 

"That cute little blonde thing behind you has got more power in her then you'll ever dream of having," he said seeming to look right through me and at Phoebe.

"Come on little witch, this is cruel. I know you can let him loose so let's hear one of those clever spells I know you got locked up in that pretty mouth of yours," he said sweetly. There was no way Phoebe would fall for that. I know she can seem like an airhead sometimes but she has good instincts usually. She stepped out from behind me and set her hands determinedly on her hips.

"My name is Phoebe, remember? And no way will I let that monster loose. You can call me cute all you want but I'm not stupid," she said smartly. I thought the monster bit was going too far. Surprisingly a smile spread across Keegan's face.

"I like you, Phoebe, you've got fire," he said stepping even closer to her. I could almost see the girlish giggle fighting to escape her composure. He bent slightly at the waist so that his eyes were level with hers.

"Could you please let him loose, for me?" he requested in the silkiest smooth voice I had ever heard. Phoebe inhaled sharply and an accommodating smile bent her lips.

"Sure, of course I'll let him go," she replied pleasantly. I was hoping she was using sarcasm but when she walked over to Zane almost within his reach I figured it wasn't. I darted forward, grabbed her around the waist and pulled her away just as Zane lurched forward.

"What the hell are you thinking, Pheebs?" I cried. She looked up at me, her bright blue eyes dazed. She shook her head confusedly.

"What? What happened?" she asked. I stared at her completely perplexed. She had no clue what she had almost done.

"You almost reversed the spell you put on the chains," I said, clearly enunciating each word so I didn't flip out and start screaming at her because that is exactly what I wanted to do. She gave me a look that asked plainly if she had heard me correctly.

"Why in Goddess's name would I want to do that?" she asked incredulously.

"Because he told you to," I replied turning around and pointing grandiosely in Keegan's direction. The sight of him became blurred around the edges and my eyes crossed as I tried to keep up with his movements. Before I could let my arm fall he had my hand locked in his and was bending my index finger back painfully.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you it's rude to point?"