Kitty

Scarlett held her arm out to Zane and I saw it tremble. She was scared. He shook his head adamantly and bit down on his bottom lip. His eyes were stuck to the light blue veins in her arm though his bare feet stayed glued to the spot. 

Scarlett took another step forward completely within reach now and said with unwavering compassion, "Please, Zane, just do it. You need it." My eyes widened. This girl honestly cared for Zane. He had done nothing but use her and she still cared. His breathing became tight and panicked like he was choking and I knew he was on the verge. Keegan sighed loudly and I could tell he was getting a little fed up with Zane's restraint.

"You're gonna make me do this the hard way aren't you, Zane?" he asked, spitting the name he had yet to say until now. He grabbed Scarlett's arm. "Open and close your hand as fast as you can," he commanded. She hastily obeyed. He smoothed his thumb over the tender skin at the crease of her arm and then jabbed his nail into her flesh. She winced and Keegan removed his hand from her arm. He glared at the trail of bright red blood that spilled from the laceration like he would very much enjoy gulping down a pint or two. Then he looked at Zane and my eyes followed. His body was quivering and the blackness spread over the whites of his eyes.

"Atta boy," Keegan mumbled and suddenly Zane's mouth was latched onto Scarlett's arm his hands gripping her so firmly that her flesh swelled between his pallid fingers.

Keegan took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I watched as Zane took Scarlett's blood. This was more than it was in my visions. Scarlett moaned quietly and closed her eyes. She bit down on her bottom lip and I realized that she was totally getting off on this. Phoebe's hand was trembling as she filmed it with her phone and her mouth was hanging open as she watched it play out on the screen.

Keegan walked over to us and peered at Phoebe's phone. She was so consumed by her little vampire documentary that she didn't notice him looking over her shoulder. His eyes flicked from the screen to the real thing as he pulled a package of Marlboro Mediums out of his inside jacket pocket. He pulled out a cigarette and held it between his fingers.

"Why are you filming this?" he asked abruptly, his eyes never leaving the screen. Phoebe blinked and then shushed him.

"To get rich and famous," she replied in a whisper. He laughed and snatched the phone out of her hand. He stuck the unlit cigarette between his teeth and before Phoebe could react to him taking her phone he had deleted the video. He then politely slipped the phone back into her hands and said, "Threatening to expose vampires on the first day we meet is not a way to get on my good side, Cutie." He pulled a stainless steel Zippo lighter from the front pocket of his slacks and flicked it open lighting the exposed end of his cigarette.

"Keegan, Scarlett is unconscious," Jamie said calmly. He took a long drag off the cigarette then pulled it out of his mouth. He glanced at Jamie then at Scarlett lying limp in Zane's arms and sighed in a gust of smoke.

"That was quick," he said and he held the cigarette back up to his lips. 

"Kitty you're going next, you might have to cut yourself to get him away from Scarlett but that's nothing new to you, right?" he uttered affectionately. She grinned and pulled a switchblade out of her boot. 

That was hot. 

She got so close to Zane and Scarlett that her bare knees were nearly touching his jeans. She put her arm in the air and brushed the back of her hand across his cheek. She placed the sharpened blade against her arm and with a flick of her wrist a line of red appeared and blood drizzled onto Zane's shoulder.

He lurched away from Scarlett at the new scent and she fell to the floor. His tongue, still covered with Scarlett's blood, pressed against Kitty's skin and she grinned.

"You hungry boy," I heard her whisper as he resisted the urge to bite down. She brushed her free hand through his hair. "Don't take it all now, Sweetie, you've got one more girl to feast on."