My Poison

He set his arms on my shoulders and clasped his hands behind my neck. He stared right into my face and began swaying naturally as Ayria's "My Poison" blared over the surround sound. It was a slower song and Keegan's body moved like liquid flowing over the beats.

"Take a look around. How many of these creatures actually look attractive doing what they're doing?" I unwillingly removed my gaze from his and cast an eye around...He was right. Maybe ten out of the fifty people out here actually looked like they belonged on a dance floor. I looked back up at him with a grin. He laughed in self-satisfaction.

"You just gotta loosen up, lass." His hands came away from my neck and his fingertips brushed across my shoulders, down my arms to my hands and then from my hands to my hips. He hooked his fingers through a belt loop on each of my hips and pulled me closer to him.

"What are you doing?" I hissed at him, my face blushing madly at his intimacy. He sniggered at me and I was grateful he couldn't see my reddened face in the semi-darkness. 

"Relax, Lor, I can tell you're a one vamp kind of girl. I'm just trying to get you to remove the rod from your-" I stepped on his foot as hard as I could and he cut off mid-sentence. He grinned.

"Sorry, there wasn't much Hunter strength behind that. Barely even felt it. You know, I figured the whisky and vodka would lower your inhibitions just a little," he stated. I grimaced at him sarcastically.

"Fine! You wanna dance? Then show me how to dance, Pretty Boy. I was under the impression that we had come to this place for a specific reason," I snapped. He rolled his eyes at me with a dramatic sigh and spun me around faster than life, but I doubt anyone noticed. My back was pressed against his chest and his hands gripped my hips. 

"We're here to have fun and to spend a little time getting to know each other. Think of it as a bonding experience since we're gonna be working together so much on piecing your boyfriend's brain back good and proper."

He gripped my hips tighter and with a gentle force began guiding them. Even though I knew his intentions were innocent my skin burned. I yielded to him and concentrated on each movement my body was making. I felt like a helpless little puppet. He spun me around and hugged my body to his, manipulating my body in ways I never thought possible. I felt his lean muscles moving beneath his skin with deadly precision and I realized that he was synchronizing our motions. Slow but powerful we rocked to the pulsating bass and I could feel people watching us.

"She sure seems to think you can dance," I heard Keegan whisper so quietly I wasn't sure if I didn't just imagine it. I opened my eyes though I didn't remember closing them and my gaze met a pair of curious dark hazel eyes. The eyes belonged to a young woman with purple hair that had been cropped short and stiffened with glittery gel. Her pale skin shone in the flashing lights for it was dusted with fine silver powder. She was laced tightly into a black steel-boned corset embellished with strips of neon orange vinyl that glowed in the black lights on the walls. She wore a pair of black bloomers pinstriped with dark purple that matched her hair over black fishnet tights. On her feet were neon orange platform boots that looked to be made of the same orange fabric on her corset and they nearly came to her knees.